Being an athlete or bodybuilder is time-consuming in and of itself. Many spend almost all of their time training, planning, or trying to relax from the effects of their hectic schedules. Even if you’re an amateur athlete, it might be challenging for you to find the time you need to plan and cook your meals.
Athletes or bodybuilders also have particular dietary needs. To perform at your absolute best, you need a high-protein diet with meals made from high-quality ingredients.
Suppose you are struggling to find the time to balance cooking and meal prep with your training and other responsibilities, or you want to have more control over your meal portion size. In that case, you might be interested to know about the best-premade meal delivery services for bodybuilders and athletes that can be delivered to your door.
This review compiled a list of some of the best food delivery services for athletes and bodybuilders, focusing on services that provide high-protein meals for maximum muscle gain!
1. Sunbasket – Best Meal Kits For Athletes and BodyBuilders!
Sunbasket meal delivery crafts meals designed to be delicious and healthful. The entire menu is made up of healthy organic ingredients, and there is an incredible array of dishes to choose from every week.
Many athletes and bodybuilders need a diet high in protein (and mostly lean proteins), with a limited amount of carbs or only with complex carbs – and Sun Basket has all this regularly on offer!
The Sun Basket meals are designed to keep it fast and straightforward, with many of them premade or speedy meals with 15 minutes prep time.
With Sun Basket, you also have ample options of extra add-ons that suit perfectly with muscle gain diets – such as ready-to-eat proteins, pre-cooked proteins, organic protein bars and protein drinks, plant-based proteins, and more.
Sun Basket Menu Sample
- Pumpkin seed–crusted sole with warm carrot salad – speedy 15 min meal
- Chicken breasts with olive-leek sauce and sautéed kale – premade meal
- Breakfast – sous vide Egg Bite with Spinach and Feta
- Ready to eat protein – Sustainably raised grilled salmon fillet, Organic cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, and more
2. Veestro – Vegan and Plant-Based Prep Meals for Athletes
If you’re looking for vegan meal delivery for athletes or bodybuilders or are trying to lose weight, Veestro is perfect for you.
Veestro offers an a-la-carte menu with a range of plant-based premade meal options. Gluten-free, low-calorie, and high-protein meals are available. This way, you can ensure that you meet all of your macro requirements and perform at your absolute best every day.
Featuring healthy, vegan foods like sweet potatoes and brown rice, Veestro is probably the strongest choice as a prepared meal provider for vegan athletes.
With Veestro, you can get your meals delivered as a one-time purchase or as a subscription that saves you 10% plus FREE Shipping with all subscriptions! You have no commitments – you can customize your deliveries, pause, or cancel your subscription at any time with no hidden fees.
Veestro Menu Sample
- Golden curry chickpea stew with quinoa
- Enfrijolada Rustica – Layers of black beans, veggies, corn tortillas, and vegan cheese
- Beluga lentil braise with black beluga lentils, red quinoa, and veggies
- Southwest BBQ plant-based Chick’n with a side roasted veggies
3. Home Chef – Low-Carb Meals and Protein Packs For Athletes
Home Chef is a meal kit delivery service known for being one of the most diverse services out there, and the company also provides excellent oven-ready and speedy meal kit options that can work well for athletes.
You can find a broad range of meals to suit every dietary need, including carb-conscious meals. The menu also features few protein pack options – a kit with a range of proteins like grass-fed beef, chicken breast, wild-caught salmon, and more.
With Home Chef, you also have a customization option for most meals, meaning that you can select the type of protein you’d like to have in your meal. The proteins available are chosen based on what would best fit the recipe, but it gives you the flexibility to choose what best works for you.
Home chef operates as a flexible subscription service, with plans for two to six people, with a minimum of two recipes per week.
Home Chef Menu Sample
- Crispy onion-crusted chicken with creamy mushroom sauce and green beans
- 15 minutes meal kit – Creamy truffle chicken skillet with mushrooms and green beans
- Oven ready fondue chicken with roasted garlic herb root vegetables
- Mojito Lime Salad with the protein of your choice
4. Freshly Fit – Meal Prep Service For Athletes and Muscle Gain
The company produces premade meals crafted in collaboration with nutritionists, and they are delivered fresh to you every week. All you need to do is heat them up for three minutes before serving.
With a menu that includes15+ paleo & keto-inspired choices crafted with energy and performance in mind, it is perfect to fuel before or after your workout. All the meals are entirely gluten-free and peanut-free.
The FreshlyFit premade meals are portion-sized for one person, and the offered plans range from four to twelve meals delivered per week.
Freshly Fit Menu Sample
- Sesame-Ginger bliss bowl with noodle-cut hearts of palm
- Sausage and peppers with cauliflower rice
- Chicken Livorno with hearty white beans & kale
- Protein-Packed chicken parm with mozzarella & garlicky broccoli
5. Green Chef – USDA Approved Meal Kits for Athletes and BodyBuilders
Green Chef focuses on providing meals using sustainably sourced USDA organic and local ingredients. There is a range of meal plans, and athletes would likely get the most out of the Keto + Paleo power meal plan.
The Keto + Paleo power meal plan is 100% Gluten-free- and grain-free, perfect for variety while controlling a low carb intake. This plan is offered as a two-person plan with three recipes delivered per week.
The menus at Green Chef change each week, meaning you don’t need to worry about getting tired of what the company has to offer. The cuisine range is excellent and includes around ten different recipes every week.
Green Chef Menu Sample
- Pecan-crusted pork chops with Collard greens, butternut squash & bell pepper, Creole Dijonnaise
- Moroccan shrimps bisque with zucchini, tomato, feta, spiced yogurt & almonds
- Southwest breakfast beef patties with veggie hash, fried eggs, cheddar cheese, crema & Cholula
- Honey-mustard salmon with Smoky roasted rainbow carrots & sautéed broccoli
- Maple barbeque meatloaves
Using a high-quality meal delivery service is a great way to make the life of any athlete or bodybuilder much simpler.
When your body is constantly pushing its limits, food becomes a vital source of fuel. This is why it’s so important to eat what you need to consistently.
Taking the guesswork out of meeting your caloric and nutrient needs daily by utilizing a quality meal service is a fantastic way to give yourself more time for your training or other commitments.
When you don’t need to worry about shopping, heavy cooking, and cleaning up, you have far more headspace for some of the other things that matter to you.
Foods Recommended for Athletes and Bodybuilders To Gain More Muscles:
To build more muscle, you may need to boost your intake of protein daily.
As an athlete or bodybuilder, healthy Fats are essential too. Those will help your body to absorb better certain nutrients, and antioxidants like beta carotene, vitamin A and vitamins D, E, and K. Healthy fats can be found in nuts and tree nuts, olives, avocado, and other few plant-based oils,”
When it comes to carbs, Athletes should focus on eating complex carbs with plenty of fiber, rather than sugary foods or simple carbs. Examples of complex carbs are oat, brown rice, Farro, Quinoa, and more. Colorful carbs like sweet potatoes and varieties of fruits like different berries or bananas can reduce oxidative damage and speed up your muscle recovery and muscle gain.
Lastly, whole foods that aren’t processed or minimally processed are recommended since they offer more of the nutrients your body needs to function optimally.