Being a parent is a job of its own that requires time, patience, and commitment. Adding a full-time career to being a full-time parent is a task that takes a lot of effort and willpower to keep up.
Working parents need help with the job of meeting up with the meal requirements of their families. This is harder when there are growing children in the family that depend on the parents for their meals.
Even Though not many meal delivery services offer a plan for three servings per meal, families can easily add a large salad or a side of veggies to a two-serving meal kit or go for the four-serving meal kit and save the left-overs for the next day’s lunch or dinner.
Our List Of Best Meal Kit Delivery Services For Families Of Three
To conduct this review, we have subscribed, cooked, and tasted meals from every one of these kits, and we can proudly say they are the best option available.
Small Family-Friendly Meal Kit Service For Easy Meal Planning
HelloFresh is another leading name in the meal kit delivery business. It has been in the market long enough to acquire a long list of loyal users.
The vast Hello Fresh menu includes 50+ recipes for dinner and easy lunch meals per week, with a diverse range of options, from simple kids’ meals pasta to gourmet meals, plus meals to support different dietary restrictions like low-calorie, low-carb, Mediterranean, pescatarian, and more.
HelloFresh offers meal plans for two or four servings, which is not a wrong choice for families of three. The excellent service and delicious and healthy meals it offers have brought the company to our list. Moreover, the recipes are with easy meal prep and contain only high-quality ingredients.
HelloFresh Delicious meals We Tried
- Beef ragù spaghetti with zucchini & Italian seasoning or pork carnitas tacos
- Vegetarian zucchini & tomato flatbreads, gorgeous greens farro bowl with roasted zucchini & asparagus
- Picky eaters cheesy smothered mushroom chicken with mashed potatoes & roasted carrot
- Toasted coconut tempura shrimp with tropical slaw, lime rice & sweet’ n’ spicy sauce.
- Crispy southwestern chicken cutlets with Monterey jack, mashed potatoes & roasted veggies.
A family can easily add more recipes per two serving kits or add a large salad as a side, which can make up for the third family member.
Affordable Meal Kit For Family of 3 With Picky Eaters
The company has a wide selection of meals to meet and exceed individual needs, even if you have picky eaters in the house.
Although Dinnerly doesn’t offer a meal kit plan for three people, families can easily add vegetables from home to the relatively large portion of two-serving meal kits or go for the four servings meal kits and save the rest for the next day’s lunch or dinner.
The sizeable weekly menu combines a few dietary preference options, like gluten-free-friendly, dairy-free, low-carb, vegetarian, low-calorie, and more, making it easy for a family with multiple needs to make their best meal choices.
Family-Friendly Weekly Recipes We Tried From Dinnerly
- Taco-spiced chicken with garlicky rice pilaf & broccoli – classification: no added gluten, 30 minutes cook, poultry, kid-friendly.
- Beef egg roll stir-fry with cabbage & jasmine rice – classification: no added gluten, 30 minutes cook, meat, kid-friendly, dairy-free.
3. Martha Stewarts & Marley Spoon
Best Meal Delivery Service For Classic Family-Style Dinner Options
Martha Stewarts & Marley Spoon is a meal service from the queen of American home cooking. The tasty meals offer balanced healthy eating for couples and families, with only high-quality fresh ingredients.
Even though the service does not offer a three meals plan, you can subscribe to the service for two meals, four meals, or six meals per week or more – for two or four people. For a family of three, we recommend the quite large portion of the two-serving meal plan, plus adding one more salad or a side from home.
The extensive 45+ meals per week menu feature not only dinner meal kits. You can add on ready-to-eat meals, finger food appetizers, yummy desserts, and more.
Delicious Family-Friendly Meals We Tried From Martha & Marley Spoon
- Kid-friendly chicken pad thai with peppers, peanuts & Lime
- Low-carb garlic-Lime marinated chicken with oven fries & spinach salad
- Carnitas tostadas with refried black beans with pico de gallo & lime crema
- Vegetarian Greek cobb salad with feta, olives & garlicky pita
4. Home Chef
Easy Meal Kit Delivery Service, with Option For Family-Of-3 Subscription
This meal kit delivery company offers an excellent option for small families. This is because it is the only company that offers meal delivery for a family of three. This company provides a variety of meal kits with variations that it calls calorie-conscious, carb-conscious, 30 minutes, and vegetarian.
With a vast range of meals every week, there is much to fit every family’s needs. No matter how picky your child(ren) is or the particular dietary requirement of your family, it has a meal kit for you. Here are some of those meal kits that stood out for us and which we believe are suitable for a family of three.
For families with members seeking low calories or carbs, the honey mustard pork meatloaf and red cabbage alongside brussels sprouts with butternut squash chowder and cheesy ciabatta are two meal kits that work perfectly.
Recipes We Tried From Home Chef Meal Plan
- Pretzel-crusted chicken with apricot mustard sauce and roasted green beans
- Gravy-smothered chicken and mushrooms with sour cream mashed potatoes
- Garlic-rosemary chicken with walnut and feta acorn squash
- Sausage Rigatoni with Tomato Cream Sauce and garlic bread side
All these meals can easily be made more substantial with add-ons and protein packs since they are all two-serve meal kits. These meal kits all contain healthy Ingredients that can suit the taste of nearly every person.
5. Green Chef
Nutritious Food, 100% Organic produce – Perfect For Healthy Small Families
Green Chef is a meal delivery service with meals made from USDA-certified and GMO-free products sourced from local US farmers. In other words – the service focus on healthy eating for the whole family.
Each Green Chef meal kit option is carefully crafted to be delicious, healthy, easy to cook, and just at the right portion. The meal plan subscription is offered with two, four, or six meals per week, with the option of two or four servings per meal.
The Green Chef healthy menu changes every week, so you can have a great deal of dinner diversity, especially since you have 30+ meals on offer.
Delicious Meals We Tried From Green Chef
- Veggie lovers chimichurri and Portobello Mushroom Tacos with Pickled Onion, Sheese (vegan-cheese), and Avocado
- Chicken thighs in a creamy sage sauce with cauliflower mash
- Mexican sea bass and lime butter with chorizo and slow-roasted tomato sauce
- Lemon and za’atar baked salmon with honey bulgur salad
Comfort-Food Meal Kits For Small Families On The Budget
Everyplate is a daughter company of HelloFresh, offering cheaper meal kits subscription of two or four servings. It is a trusted company with a very detailed allergen categorization.
Like every other meal kit company, we have tried this company and can say it lives up to its competitors. It offers a dinner plan for three, four, and five nights in addition to serving size.
The EveryPlate meals regularly have a preparation time of 30-45 min, which is an excellent choice for many families with a limited amount of spare time in the evenings. Plus, many of the meals are perfect for picky eaters.
Meals We Tried From EveryPlate
- Sweet chili-glazed chicken with scallion rice &zest carrots
- Hearty steak shepherd’s pie with mashed potatoes & fresh thyme
- Pork sausage & sweet potato risotto with fresh sage
- Beef & rice fiesta skillet with cheddar & pico de gallo Green Chef
Organic Meal Delivery Service
Sunbasket is a household name for all things meal kits. One thing that sticks out about this company is that it supplies organic and healthy food to the table.
The company offers a detailed meal plan for all meals. It is easy to get lost in the multitude of meal kits, but with a very user-friendly site, anyone can navigate through it quickly. It offers meal kits and other food items with categories – dinner, breakfast, snacks, added proteins, fresh pasta, and more.
Sun Basket does not offer a plan for three people but only for 2 or 4 people – but you can create a subscription for two and add more protein or extra salad to the table. Another option is to subscribe to a family plan of four and save the extra meal for the next day’s lunch.
The company goes further to offer dinner meal kits by these dietary needs; 600 calories, paleo, gluten-free-friendly, dairy-free, soy-free, and diabetes-friendly.
Meals To Try From Sunbasket Meal Delivery Service
- Gluten-free-friendly sweet potato and black bean chili with avocado
- Brown rice congee with edamame, maitake mushrooms, and fresh ginger
- Bengali-style veggie-lovers curry with chickpeas, lime yogurt, and naan
- Gluten-free-friendly turkey and zucchini meatballs with roasted potatoes and fried eggs
Why Use A Family Of 3 Meal Plan Delivery Service?
Most people have heard of meal kit delivery services due to their popularity in the US in the last few years. If you haven’t tried it yet, you probably think —is it worth it?
Here is a list of the many reasons we think families (including families of 3) should use meal delivery service options:
- Meal delivery services can save you time on grocery shopping and meal planning.
- Meal delivery services can help you and your family diversify your meal time at home.
- Meal delivery services offer easy meals that can be cooked in 15-45 minutes. Many even provide ready-made meals per week for those days you have zero power to cook but still want to eat nutritious meals.
- Meal kit box services usually mean less food waste. The meal a pre-portioned for properly balanced eating.
- Meal delivery services offer options for different dietary preferences – gluten-free-friendly, dairy-free, low-carb, vegetarian, Paleo, and many more!
- Most meal delivery services send you colorful recipe cards with easy step-by-step instructions for an easy cooking process.
It is up to you and your family to make decisions concerning your meal kits.
We are confident that these companies are the best in the business but be sure to make one try before committing entirely to any of them.