Meal delivery kit services started by offering mainly dinner options. As this industry evolved, especially these days – with COVID-19 sending many people to work from home – many services now offer great lunch meal kit options.
Getting used to working at home is challenging, especially regarding lunchtime options. If you work from home or looking for healthy and easy-to-make lunches that you can whip up fast – you should check out these Lunch meal kit options!
Best meal delivery services For Lunch 2022
1. Home Chef
Great Lunch Meal Kits Delivery
With a range of dietary programs and lifestyles, Home Chef meal kit delivery service consistently impresses us with its commitment to fresh, high-quality meals that are easy to prep and delicious.
Home Chef now offers a unique meal plan suitable for lunch – Fresh and easy!
This meal plan was designed for maximum convenience, with a few types of fast-prep meals that are perfect for lunch:
- Express meal kits that are prepped, portioned, and ready to eat in 15 minutes or less.
- Oven-ready meals that come with pre-portioned ingredients inside a disposable oven-safe tray.
- Slow Cooker meals that include prepped and portioned ingredients that you just need to place in a slow cooker before you start working – home-cooked lunch is ready when it’s lunchtime!
- Salad combos that include vegetables and pre-cooked high-protein items that simply need to be combined!
Popular Home Chef Lunch Meals We Tried
- Garlic Sesame Beef Lo Mein with Crispy Wontons – no prep needed and quick cook
- Spicy Sesame Asian Salad with edamame – no cooking 5-minute prep. You can also add more protein, like chicken breast or NY strip steak.
- Tomato and Spinach Pork Medallions with Almond Green Beans – 15 minutes meal kit
- Chipotle Chicken Chili with Sour Cream and Cheddar – no prep needed and quick cook
Other Highlights on the Home Chef’s extensive menu: are low-carb meals, low-calorie meals, and protein-pack add-ons so you can avoid running out for additional grocery store trips.
Affordable Lunch Meal Kits
Dinnerly was created about two years ago with the mission of delivering simple recipes that make fuss-free, delicious, and super-affordable meals.
Their menu includes over 40 meals every week, with a few prepared meals (at the end of the menu), and meal kit options categorized as “under 30 minutes” – a great lunch meal kit option!
Dinnerly provides the same high-quality ingredients as other meal kit companies you might know by now, at a fraction of the cost – starting at just $5 per serving!
We tried many of Dinnerly’s lunch options and can honestly say we enjoyed the comforting meals very much.
Some delicious Meals We Tried From Dinnerly
- Better-Than-Takeout broccoli & mushroom rice noodle stir-fry
- Ready Made Tex-Mex Guajillo Chicken with Rice & Roasted Peppers
- Ready Made! Egg Noodles & Beef Meatballs in Mushroom Sauce
- Fast Brown Butter Tortellini with Lemon & Baby Spinach
Other Highlights from Dinnerly: Digital recipe cards, low-carb meals, low-calorie meals, protein-variety pack add-ons, desserts, no-gluten-added meals, dairy-free meals, and more.
Classic Meal Kit Service With Many Fast Options for Lunch
Since HelloFresh knows you’re busy, the service is dedicated to doing the meal planning & grocery shopping for you! All you need to do is open the meal kit box and follow a few easy steps on the attached recipe card.
Hello Fresh offers an extensive meal kits menu of more than 25 meals per week. The meals are crafted and curated by Hello Fresh chefs with easy preparation and maximum joy in mind.
Among the menu items, you will find at least five recipes designed for fast cooking in 20-25 minutes – perfect for a short lunch break at home! Moreover, Hello Fresh offers premade meals like burritos, soups, and oven-ready meal options.
Some delicious lunchtime meal kit options from Hello Fresh:
- Gnocchi with spinach & grape tomatoes topped with garlic butter breadcrumbs
- Baja barramundi with yellow rice & salsa fresca
- Smashed black bean tacos with creamy slaw, pickled onion & red pepper crema
- Oven-ready Latin-Style Shredded Beef
- Pre-made dairy-free beef & beans burritos
- Lunch combo – broccoli cheddar soup & garlic bread
Other Highlights on the Hello Fresh extensive menu: low-carb meals, low-calorie meals, vegetarian meals, and family-friendly meals.
4. Splendid Spoon
Plant-based Lunchtime Meal Delivery Service
Splendid Spoon is fast gaining a reputation as a company that provides delicious, easy, nutritious meals for breakfast and lunchtime.
Nicole Centeno created Splendid Spoon after her experiences overcoming severe health issues with a plant-based diet. She is passionate about helping people to feel better by eating well, and it is out of this passion that Splendid Spoon was born.
Splendid Spoon is a fully-prepared meal delivery service that is 100% plant-based. When creating their range of meals, Splendid Spoon only uses whole ingredients that are gluten-free, GMO-free, and preservative-free.
Splendid Spoon has three different meal plans for its customers to choose from, and one of these is a dedicated Lunch Plan which provides weekly seven veggie-filled bowls you can pick out of the 65 menu items. You can also add breakfast smoothies.
Splendid Spoon is also very popular when trying to eat healthily and achieve weight loss goals.
Lunchtime Healthy Food Options We Tried From Splendid Spoon
- Beans and Greens with Spinach and Bok Choy,
- Red Lentil Dal with Cumin and Rosemary
- Red Buddha Bowl with Sweet Potatoes and Qui
- Kimchi Fried Quinoa Grain Bowl
5. Blue Apron
Gourmet Meals Per Week For Lunch, Dinner & Breakfast
Blue Apron is the first meal subscription box service operating in the market and is still a trendy brand. Its main characteristics are high-quality ingredients and chef-designed upscaled meals per week.
Besides regular chef-designed meal kits, the weekly Blue Apron menu offers fast and easy meals ready in 20 minutes or less, with no cooking skills needed. Plus, there’s a section of fully prepared meals (heat and east meals), and add-on options of light sandwiches, salads, and more.
The blue Apron meal plans can come for two or four people, and the menu covers dietary preferences such as weight-loss diet, low-carb, and vegetarian options.
Lunch Delicious Meal Options We Tried From Blue Apron
- Precooked meals collection – Indian-style vegetable curry with raisins & mint
- Precooked meals collection – Soy-miso roasted chicken breast & udon noodles with bok-choy & mushrooms
- Ready to cook oven-baked beef chili
- Spanish-style beef & rice with red peppers, peas & raisins
Healthy Prepared Meals for Lunch And Dinner
Freshly is a meal service that puts healthy eating in the front! The premade but not frozen meals offered by the company provide a fantastic, effortless option to everyday eating, with nutritious meals you just need to heat and eat in three minutes or less.
Freshly healthy meals have less sugar, less processed food, and are high in nutrients from veggies and grains.
The Freshly meal plan subscription offers anywhere from four to twelve meals delivered per week, with a price starting at about $10 per serving.
With freshly, whatever your lifestyle is, you’re covered—gluten-free, vegan, low-carb, low-calorie, high-protein meal options.
Heat And Eat Meals We tried From Freshly
- Homestyle Chicken with Masterful Mac & Cheese
- Tricolor Beef Lasagna with Brown-Rice & Spinach Pasta Sheets
- Coconut Purple Rice Porridge with Blueberry, Peach & Toasted Pecans
- Veggie-Loaded Burrito Bake with Plant-Based Chorizo & Refried Beans
Quick and Easy Lunch Meal Kits
Gobble is about making your meal kits easy as possible, with most meals designed to be ready in 15 minutes or so. The menu doesn’t offer prepared meals.
Among the Gobble lunch and dinner menu items, you will find proteins like chicken tenders, Shrimp, or Salmon, with side dishes like yummy Honey-Harissa Roasted Carrots with Greek Yogurt & Toasted Almonds. The Gobble menu also offers some quick soup and salad options that fit well with lunch needs.
Meal Kits We tried From The Gobble Meal Service
- Chicken florentine rigatoni bake with sun-dried tomatoes
- Souvlaki-marinated salmon with greek orzo salad
- Pear and walnut salad with pomegranate vinaigrette
- French onion soup
Organic Lunch Meal Kits
You may already know the Sunbasket meal subscription service for offering a healthy organic menu and various meal plans. Yes, it’s nice to choose from plans like Paleo, Lean & Clean, vegetarian, vegan, and more. But what’s also incredible about Sun Basket is their new vast menu of organic lunch options!
Under the lunch menu, you can find ready-to-eat proteins, pre-cooked pizzas & empanadas, grain bowls, and more. Under the regular menu, you can find premade meals, speedy meal kits – designed for an easy cook at home in 20 minutes or less, and more.
Sun Basket Healthy Lunch Meal Kits We Tried
- Pre-prepared Mediterranean lemon chicken with baby broccoli, artichokes, and olives
- Cheesy chicken Tetrazzini with mushrooms and a green salad
- Thai chicken lettuce cups – light and easy-cooking 20 minutes meal kit
- Pizzetta with Italian sausage – prepared pizza lunch.
Other Highlights: Sun Basket is an all-organic meal kit company. The company also offers plans for gluten-free, paleo, soy-free, dairy-free, Mediterranean diet, vegetarian diet, low-calorie, low-carb diet, and vegan diets. You can make a one-time purchase at a higher price per meal.
Our Methodology – Why trust Us?
At the Meal Kit review, We have a clear mission – doing honest reviews that can aid in making informed decisions when purchasing subscriptions from meal kit services.
We are buying and tasting at least ten meals and three boxes from each meal delivery service and provide inputs on meal taste, the number of menu options per week, the delivery process, diet support like dairy-free or vegetarian meals, price range, and more.
Read more about our meal delivery services review process here.
Last Notes For This Lunch Meal Kits Review
The best meal delivery service for lunch is either Home Chef or Dinnerly!
It’s not always feasible to spend a long time preparing your lunch, even when you work from home. And while making dinner in the evening can be relaxing and enjoyable, doing it mid-day when you’re busy isn’t always so much fun.
Fortunately, these days, most meal delivery services understand this need and offer an option for lunch quick and healthy meals and meal kits for those of us who are too busy to cook in the middle of the day.
You might be trying to save money, aiming to eat healthier, or just wanting to change old habits. Regardless, choosing a meal plan with lunch options gives you plenty of delicious and exciting convenient meals.