Whether you’re working from home, feeding a busy household, or just need something quick and easy for lunch at the office or school, many of us are looking for an easier way to eat healthy, delicious meals without ordering take-out.
While do-it-yourself traditional meal kits in which you prepare a specific recipe using pre-portioned ingredients can be fun, they can also be time-consuming and sometimes wasteful. That’s why many meal kit delivery services have turned to a new offering: prepared meal delivery service.
This new category of meal delivery services offers prepared meals that satisfy various dietary needs and taste preferences. However, there’s a lot to dig through when considering a new prepared meal delivery service. That’s why we’ve rounded up the best-prepared meal services offering ready-to-eat dishes that taste great and are as convenient as possible.
Best Meal Delivery Services For Prepared Meals
1. Sunbasket Special Diets Microwave Meal Delivery Service
Sunbasket is a great meal kit and prepared meal delivery service for keeping a healthy diet.
Their Fresh and Ready Meal Plan includes a rotating menu of well-balanced, healthy prepared meals made with fresh ingredients. In fact, all of the Sun Basket ingredients are organic, so it is like a farm-to-table cooking and eating experience.
The meals accommodate various dietary preferences, including vegetarian, diabetes-friendly, low-car, dairy-free, plant-based, gluten-free meals, and more.
Members select from an al la carte menu each week, which includes prepared options for dinner. You can also combine microwave-ready meals and meal kits to cook at home in the same box if you wish. Moreover, you have options of add-ons to your weekly boxes, such as oat bowls, lunch bowls, fresh paste, proteins, and healthy snacks.
Depending on how many meals you need per week, you can customize your delivery to include 2 to 5 meals serving two or four people.
Few Microwave Healthy Meals to Try From Sun Basket :
- Smoked linguiça sausage with sweet potatoes and cauliflower
- Chicken cacciatore with olives and mushrooms
- Fresh n lean Thai green curry chicken
- Chicken enchilada pie with olives and pickled jalapeños
2. Blue Apron Prepared Meals and Meal Kits
The meal-kit giant Blue Apron has a new line of microwave meals called Heat & Eat Meals. These single-serving heat-and-eat dishes are a great way to add a gourmet touch to your work lunches and dinners at home with chef-crafted meals.
The Blue Apron menu and ingredients include flavors from around the world, so you’re not likely to get bored of the delicious and exciting meal variety.
The Blue Apron prepared meals to arrive frozen, which gives them a longer shelf life than other prepared meal services that deliver fresh meals. The meals should be stored in the refrigerator when they arrive. You can thaw the lunches and dinners overnight, then heat them in the microwave for a super-fast meal.
Few Microwave Meals to Try From Blue Apron :
- Calabrian chile meatballs with mashed potatoes, green beans & lemon-caper butter
- Cheesy guajillo chicken & rice with corn, black beans & peppers
- Soy-miso chicken & udon noodles with bok choy & mushrooms
3. Home Chef Fresh & Easy Meal plan
Meal Delivery Service for Both Prepared and Fast DIY Meals
Home Chef has a Fresh and Easy Plan that includes a mixture of the 15 min meal kit’s cook-it-yourself and ready-to-eat meals for microwave and oven each week. Some of the meals, including everything from simple but tasty grain bowls to gourmet seafood entrees, come together in just a few minutes.
The weekly meal list also accommodates specific diets, including calorie-conscious and carb-conscious. Before your order meals, you’ll also be able to indicate any allergies.
After signing up, you’ll select recipes to fill your weekly meal plan with delicious gourmet meals that \ keep your taste buds happy and your stomach satisfied.
Few Microwave Meals to Try From Home Chef :
- Creamy roasted red pepper pasta with pepperoni
- Sun-dried tomato pulled pork tacos with tzatziki slaw and feta
- New Mexican-style cheese enchiladas with beef and poblano sauce
- Gourmet chicken grain bowl with fig glaze and goat cheese
4. Freshly Prepared Meal Service for Healthy Eating
Freshly offers a line of 100% gluten-free meals, all of which can be heated right in the microwave. This is one of the best-prepared meals services for healthy eating and variety. In fact, the weekly menu includes over 30 unique options every week.
With Freshly, you can choose between a few meal plans, starting from four single meals per week to twelve single meals per week.
Few Microwave Meals to Try From Freshly Meal Delivery:
- Creamy chicken korma with Ten-Veggie Medley
- Harvest time chicken risotto with butternut squash three ways
- Oven-baked chicken florentine with creamed spinach & riced broccoli pilaf
- Plant-based Indian-spiced chickpea and brown lentils curry bowl with basmati rice
5. Martha Stewarts & Marley Spoon- Meal delivery service for Classic Home Cooked Meals
Martha and Marley Spoon offers an extensive menu of over 40 recipes each week. These include healthy options, vegetarian and plant-based meals, meat and fish, and family-friendly dinners. Among this list are more traditional meal kit offerings, which you prepare yourself, as well as four Ready Made meals. These dishes, including meat and veggie-based options, come in pre-portioned microwave-safe packaging are ready to eat within a few minutes.
If you love meal kits but want to try something a little quicker, this is a great way to get your feet wet in the world of prepared meal delivery.
6. BistroMD- Best Frozen Meal Delivery Service for Weight Loss
BistroMD makes weight loss meal plans that don’t sacrifice flavor. Customers select from a 7- or 5-day program or customize their meals. The menu includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner options designed to help customers lose weight in a delicious way that doesn’t feel like deprivation.
The prepared food is ready to eat in 5 minutes or less, and each plan is customized to the individual. After signing up, new customers provide information about their goals, lifestyle, and current weight. Then, the team of registered dieticians at MistroMD curates a custom diet program with a weekly menu for ordering.
You’re able to adjust anything to fit your tastes, but this is a great way to ensure that you’re eating healthy meals that are easy to prepare and taste great.
Sample Meals to Try From BistroMD Meal Delivery Service:
- Pork tenderloin with mushroom marsala
- Manicotti with vodka marinara sauce
- Chipotle pineapple smoked pork street tacos
- Beef chipotle chili with corn pudding
7. Veestro- Microwave Ready Vegan Meal Delivery Service
Veestro is a ready-to-eat meal delivery service that specializes in plant-based foods, but they don’t think you need to be vegan or even vegetarian if your goal is better health.
Their philosophy is around the importance of quality over quantity when it comes down to the eating choices we make. The Veestro meals are delicious and balanced and feel like a healthy home-cooked meal, even though it’s pre-made.
The Veestro menu includes a vast meal collection that supports dietary restrictions like low-carb, weight-loss, high-proteins, and more.
Sample Meals to Try From Veestro Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Menu:
- Turk’y Scaloppini Dinner with creamy sweet potato mash and green beans
- Meatless lasagna with loaded Impossible meat and veggies
- South Indian Adashah Coconut Stew
- Oatmeal breakfast pie
- Egg free Three Layer Scramble
Whether you’re looking for plant-based frozen meals or gourmet food that’s ready to eat in 10 minutes or less, the services listed above are the best-prepared meal delivery services on the US market today. With no meal prep or long hours of meal planning, you can enjoy fantastic meals at home!