Being a parent is a job of its own that requires time, patience, and commitment. Adding a full-time career to being a full-time parent is a task that takes a lot of effort and willpower to keep up. Working parents are plagued with the job of meeting up with the meal requirements of their families. This is harder when there are growing children in the family that depend on the parents for their meals.
Our list today comprises of the best meal kits for families of three. We have tested and proven every one of this kit, and we can proudly say that they are of the very best option available.
1.Sun Basket – organic meal kit for families of Three.
Sun Basket is a household name for all things meal kits. One thing that sticks out about this company is that it supplies organic and healthy food to the table. the company offers a detailed meal plan for all meals. It is easy to get lost in the multitude of meal kits, but with a very user-friendly site, anyone can navigate through quickly. It offers meal kits with categories that follow these patterns.
- Dinner- meat & poultry, seafood, and vegetables
- Breakfast – eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, granola, bread & spreads, juice, and coffee & tea.
- Lunch – soups, broths, bowls, and flatbread
- Snacks – dips, vegetable snacks, nuts & seeds, chips & crackers, sweet treats, jerky and meat munch, and bites and bars
- Protein – prepared meat & fish, seafood, poultry, beef & lamb, pork & sausage, meat & tofu options
- Pasta – Newly-made pasta, pasta condiments, and noodle bowls.
even tough Sun Basket does not offer a plan for 3 people, but only for 2 or 4 people – you can defiantly create a subscription for two and add more protein or extra salad to the table. another option is to subscribe to a family plan of four and save the extra meal for next day lunch.
The company goes further to narrow down its dinner meal kits by these dietary needs; 600 calories, paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and diabetes-friendly.
2. Home Chef – family meal kit service, with option for 3 people subscription
This 7-year-old meal kit delivery company is offering a great option for small families. This is because it is the only company that in fact offers the option for a meal delivery for a family of three. This company provides a variety of meal kits with variations that it calls calorie-conscious, carb-conscious, 30 minutes, and vegetarian.
With a huge range of meals every week, there is so much to fit every family’s needs. No matter how picky your child(ren) is or the particular dietary requirement of your family, it has a meal kit for you. Here are some of those meal kits that stood out for us and which we believe are be suitable for a family of three.
Meal kits like salmon with dill crema and green bean almandine and chicken with porcini cream sauce alongside spinach, apple salad, and bacon vinaigrette are all available. Yet they come with the availability of add ons like the pineapple passion fruit. Families can also go for the protein pack, which includes meals like a seafood sampler.
For families with members seeking low calories or carbs, the honey mustard pork meatloaf and red cabbage alongside brussels sprouts with butternut squash chowder and cheesy ciabatta are two meal kits that work perfectly. For quick fixes, then families can go for spicy Korean beef and broccoli rice bowl with crispy rice noodles, which can quickly be ready in half an hour. Finally, this company offers vegan-friendly meals like the southwestern avocado mozzarella salad.
All these meals can easily be made more substantial with add ons and protein packs since they are all two serve meal kits. These meal kits all contain healthy meals that can suit the taste of nearly every person.
3. EveryPlate – comfort-food meal kit for small families
The final company on our list offers two or four servings on every meal kit it delivers. It is a trusted company with a very detailed allergen categorization. Just like every other meal kit company, we have tried this company and can say that it lives up to its competitors. It offers a dinner plan for three, four, and five nights in addition to serving size. Their meals regularly have a preparation time of under an hour, which is an excellent choice for many families. Some of the meals that caught our eyes include:
- Sweet chili-glazed chicken with scallion rice &zest carrots – allergens include soy. wheat. milk; cooking time 30 minutes.
- Hearty steak shepherd’s pie with mashed potatoes & fresh thyme – allergens includes milk. Wheat; cooking time 35 minutes.
- Pork sausage & sweet potato risotto with fresh sage – allergens include milk; cooking time 50 minutes.
- Beef & rice fiesta skillet with cheddar & pico de gallo – allergens include milk; cooking time 35 minutes
4. Dinnerly – Affordable meal kit for small families of 3.
Dinnerly is a leading provider of meal kits for families, mainly because it offers an affordable meal kit option for families. the company has a wide selection of meals to meet and exceed individual needs. Although it doesn’t offer meal kits for three people, families can easily add on vegetables from home to the quite large portion two serving kits, or go for the four servings kits and save the rest for next day lunch or dinner. The meal kits are a combination of dietary preferences, making it easy for a family to make their choices.
Some of the meals that attracted our attention and are family-friendly:
- Taco-spiced chicken with garlicky rice pilaf & broccoli – classification: no added gluten, 30 minutes cook, poultry, kid-friendly.
- Beef egg roll stir-fry with cabbage & jasmine rice – classification: no added gluten, 30 minutes cook, meat, kid-friendly, dairy-free.
- Vegetarian pad thai with carrots & snow peas – classification: vegetarian, no added gluten, under 30 minutes cook, kid-friendly, dairy-free, one-pot meal.
Due to Covid-19 situation, expected delays in service. Please check other meal kit alternatives.
HelloFresh is the largest global and USA player in the meal kit industry, offering a large variety of healthy eating meals every week, with the freshest ingredients and the most delicious recipes, that suit the needs of singles and families.
5. HelloFresh- small family-friendly meal kits
Hello Fresh is another leading name in the meal kit delivery business. It has been in the market long enough to acquire a long list of loyal users. It offers meal plans for two or four servings, which is not a difficult choice for families of three. What has brought the company into our list is the excellent service and delicious meals it offers, which are both healthy and easy to make.
The company offers a simple plan or selection process for families to choose from. These include:
- Meat and veggies – Beef ragù spaghetti with zucchini & Italian seasoning or pork carnitas tacos.
- Vegetables – zucchini & tomato flatbreads, gorgeous greens farro bowl with roasted zucchini & asparagus
- Family-friendly – cheesy smothered mushroom chicken with mashed potatoes & roasted carrot, toasted coconut tempura shrimp with tropical slaw, lime rice & sweet’ n’ spicy sauce.
- Low calorie – sweet potato & poblano quesadillas with southwest crema & radish tomato salsa, crispy southwestern chicken cutlets with Monterey jack, mashed potatoes & roasted veggies.
The meal plan kits also include recipes sizes ranging from two to four per week. A family can easily add on more recipes per two serving kits, which can make up for the third family member.
In times when keeping up with the requirements of a job and taking care of healthy eating seem too much to blend, having a meal kit is the best option. There are several establishments that offer affordable meal kits for families; they take a load of grocery shopping out and deliver you the ingredients and instructions for your meal. In other words, you don’t have to think about what to eat; these companies do that for your family.
Even though most companies don’t offer three servings, it is not very hard to make up for the third member. And if you choose to go for a larger serving amount, you are assured of a meal pack for another day.
Choosing a meal pack all depends on the dietary needs of members of the family. For a family with no particular dietary requirement in each member, it is easy to pick at will the meal kit.
For a family with vegetarians, members with calorie limitations, or generally any other particular need, it is essential that you pick out meals that are in favor of them
When it comes to meal kit delivery companies, we know our options, we have been reviewing kit companies for a while. We know what makes a company a top one and what makes some companies lack in terms of quality.
We also do not just write reviews for the sake of it, but we take the time and cost to try every company we talk about. This gives us first-hand experience with them. In more straightforward English, we have tested them, and we know that they are good. Finally, our reviews are more than just reviews; they are detailed, and you can learn almost about anything you need to know about each company.
It is up to you and your family to make decisions concerning your meal kits. We are confident that these companies are the best in the business but be sure to make one try before committing entirely to any of them.