It was disappointing to find out that starting November 2019 Plated has closed their subscription meal kit service, as we always enjoyed our experiences with Plated. As they have closed, we wanted to reassure you that there are many amazing meal kit services like Plated out there for you to try, and we are here to tell you all about them!
Here are what we believe to be the best alternatives for Plated:
#1 Hello Fresh – No.1 Alternative To Plated
Hello Fresh is a great alternative to Plated as it is another meal kit delivery service that is suited to a wide demographic. Hello Fresh is proud to provide healthy meal kits that are a combination of easy-to-follow recipes and quality fresh ingredients. Their menu, that includes 20 meals every week, just like plated, is varied enough to appeal to individuals, couples, and families.
Hello Fresh is the largest meal-kit company in the United States and is operates in 11 countries around the world, including Canada, Western Europe, and Australia. The meal kits from Hello Fresh are never too complicated, and their service is an easy solution for enjoying delicious home-cooked meals with a minimum of fuss. You will find a lovely range of variety when it comes to their ingredients. Their meal kits variety includes meals that use meats, cheeses, poultry, fish, seafood and vegetables. The menu is influenced by many global cuisines and even some gourmet meals. You will find dishes that are Mexican, Asian, all-American and Italian plus many more.
Following are some of the reasons why we believe that Hello Fresh is a great alternative to Plated:
- No.1 meal kit company in the country
- Easy-to-follow recipes that are not too complicated.
- Pre-portioned ingredients make dinner preparation easy!
- A varied menu that includes 20 dishes every week
- Caters to many dietary requirements including vegetarian, family-friendly, low calories and gourmet-style meals
Some popular meal choices from the Hello Fresh menu:
- Sesame beef tacos
- Cherry balsamic pork chops
- Parmesan-crusted chicken
- Tunisian stuffed peppers
#2 Home Chef- Meal delivery Similar to Plated
Home Chef is a meal delivery service that makes a great Plated alternative. The company was established in 2013 and currently caters to most of the United States. Home Chef is all about helping people enjoy mealtime at home!
The company states that they love to bring people together around the dinner table. Their menu consists of well-known classic meals that usually involve a delicious twist. The company has a varied weekly menu of 18 dish options, that features meals designed to cater to many lifestyle and dietary requirements.
Home Chef now offers ‘Home Chef express meals’ and Oven-ready meals, which are meal kits that are designed to be on the table in only 15 minutes. A perfect option for those evenings when you know that you have little available time. Home Chef also offers its customers the unique ‘Customize It’ feature which gives the option to change, increase or upgrade the protein in particular meals.
Following are some reason why we can recommend Home Chef as a good alternative to Plated:
- Relatively simple recipes are used to create great classic home-cooked meals.
- Great ingredients sourced from many local and worldwide farms.
- A lovely varied menu with 18 meal options every week.
- Home Chef caters to many dietary requirements including gluten-free, dairy-free, low-calorie, low-carb and more.
- Option to add on protein packs or healthy smoothies to your delivery
Some popular choices from the Home Chef menu:
- Italian sausage and pepper risotto
- Pear and blue cheese pizza
- Apricot rosemary Mahi-Mahi
- Chipotle shrimp tostadas
#3 Sun Basket- Tasty as Plated
If you into healthy, organic eating, then Sun Basket is your best option as an alternative meal kit company to Plated. Sun Basket was created in 2014 and provides recipes that are easy-to-prepare and can usually be on the table within 30 minutes. Sun Basket is a fully certified organic company so every single ingredient used in their delicious meal kits is organic.
Sun Basket works with an extensive network of farms to provide one of the healthiest meal kit options in America. Their meal kits are packed with the freshest quality ingredients. Sun Basket is also well-respected as a company that is a specialist in catering to many dietary and lifestyle requirements. They have an extensive 18 meals weekly menu, with a pleasing array of options for specialty diets like Paleo, low carb, gluten-free, pescatarian diet and many more.
Following are some of the reason why we think Sun Basket makes an attractive alternative to Plated:
- Sun Basket provides easy-to-follow recipes that can be on the table within 30 minutes.
- All Sun Basket ingredients are organic and non-GMO – please note that Sun Basket is a certified organic company.
- Their menu has a pleasing amount of variety with 18 meal options every week.
- many add on options to your box – healthy juices, snacks, fresh pasta, lunch salads, special sauces and more.
- Sun-Basket is known as a specialist in catering to many dietary requirements including gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, paleo, keto, low-calorie and more
Some popular choices from the Sun Basket menu:
- Thai turkey lettuce cups
- Manila chicken adobe with sweet potato mash
- Burmese salmon salad with lemongrass and apple
- Braised chickpeas and carrot with quinoa and yogurt
#4 Dinnerly- Budget-Friendly Meal Kits
If the budget is a priority for you then Dinnerly is a wonderful alternative to Plated. Dinnerly offers the cheapest meal kit service in America! it has only been around for a little while, but they are already getting a great name for producing fuss-free, delicious and super affordable meal kits. They have an incredibly affordable service where you can get an evening meal for two people for around $10 in total.
Despite their low pricing they still use quality fresh ingredients that are sourced from a network of trusted suppliers. Instead of skimping on ingredients, they keep their prices low by keeping things simple. They use fewer ingredients in their meal kits and have digital recipe cards rather than printed ones. They also don’t engage in any expensive marketing campaigns which allows them to provide their super-affordable service.
Following is an overview as to why we think that Dinnerly might make a great alternative to Plated:
- simple yet delicious recipes that are easy to prepare and can be on the table within 15 – 30 minutes.
- Fresh and healthy ingredients that come from a trusted network of suppliers.
- They offer a great amount of 14 weekly dishes to choose from.
- Their menu includes choices for meat-eaters, vegetarians, gluten-free, low calories and child-friendly recipes.
Some popular choices from the Dinnerly menu:
- Greek-lemon oregano chicken
- Tomato pesto ravioli
- Crispy fried shrimp
- Fajita style veggie tacos
The companies mentioned above are what we believe to be the best available meal kits services in America, and they are all suitable alternatives to Plated. You will find so many delicious and mouthwatering choices that we are sure you would love!
Regardless of which company you choose, these types of meal kit services like Plated will save you time, and in many instances, money. They are a convenient and affordable way of eating well at home, without stress and hard work.