Blue Apron is the first and one of the most loved meal kit services in the US.
Their meals are chef-designed and have a real restaurant-quality to them!
With Blue Apron, you can enjoy cooking amazing meals with high-quality ingredients in your kitchen.
In 2012, Blue Apron was the first meal delivery service to start operating in the USA. Its emergence was to herald a fast-growing trend in the USA. Blue Apron has undoubtedly withstood the test of time and remains, to this day, one of the most known meal kit delivery services in the country.
Blue Apron offers the delivery of creative chef-designed dinners with pre-portioned ingredients to your home. With Blue Apron, you can enjoy cooking restaurant-quality meals in your kitchen.
Blue Apron meal kits are not only designed to improve your dinner cooking experience, but they are also meant to make your life much easier. It will save you time by doing all the meal planning and grocery shopping all in one excellent service.
The Blue Apron service is also surprisingly affordable for the quality you get, not costing any more than standard meal preparations, and sometimes even less!
Who is it for?
We would say that the Blue Apron service is most appealing to people who enjoy cooking and eating and would like to upgrade and diverse their dinners at home.
Their recipes are usually exciting and come with a twist of flavor. Moreover, it is clear that Blue Apron is dedicating time and effort to creating balanced and relatively healthy meals that are full of fresh vegetables and high-quality meats and seafood.
With Blue Apron, you get a lot of variety. Some of the dishes might take some time to cook, while others are quick and easy to prepare. The cooking time of each dish can vary from 20 minutes up to 45 minutes.
Blue Apron Main Benefits:
- One of the largest and most popular meal kit services in the US.
- Saves you time on meal planning and grocery store trips.
- Variety of eleven changing restaurant-quality recipes per week.
- Quick meals at 20-45 minutes prep time.
- Recipes for both experienced Home Chefs and beginners in the kitchen.
- High-quality ingredients delivered to your doorstep.
- Great customer service.
- The menu supports different diets – vegetarian recipes, carb-conscious recipes, Mediterranean options, low-calorie meals, and more.
- Option to customize protein choice in some of the meals.
Blue Apron Plans:
Blue Apron offers four different plan options:
- signature Blue Apron plan for two people provides either two or three dishes per week. This plan offers an ever-changing mix of recipes.
- Signature Family Plan for four people provides two to four dishes per week.
- Vegetarian plan for two people provides either two or three dishes per week. This plan offers Meat-free dishes that celebrate the best of seasonal vegetarian produce.
- NEW- Wellness plan for two people – Launching January 4th, 2021! Balanced and nutritionist-approved recipes designed with a focus on health. This plan includes carb-conscious, and Weight watchers approved meal options.
Getting started With Blue Apron
Getting started with Blue Apron is a breeze! All you need to do is sign up for the Blue Apron service via their website or app. For newbies to this service, we have some great coupons for beginners here. After you have signed up, you simply need to choose your plan and select your meals from their weekly menu. Some of these meals can include low carb, diabetes-friendly, low calories, vegetarian, quick cooking time, and more.
Once you have chosen your desired meals, it is merely a matter of waiting for the delivery! A few days later, you will receive a labeled box that contains all the ingredients for your meals and very detailed step-by-step recipes pages. The final thing to do is to follow the recipes and then eat a perfect dinner! Bon-Appetit!
It is important to note that with Blue Apron, you have full flexibility to skip weeks whenever it is needed. You can choose and swap recipes, which is very handy when planning a few weeks ahead. You can also cancel your subscription at any time. These account management tools mean that you only order what you want and when you want it, with no huge commitment involved.
Variety & Style of Meals:
Blue Apron offers eleven changing meals to choose from each week. The meals provided by Blue Apron have been chef-designed and are home-cooked dishes with restaurant-quality results.
The Blue Apron menu is about enhancing your dining life at home, and it can spice things up in the kitchen, allowing you to regularly explore great new flavors. Blue Apron is very innovative with its menu, offering some fantastic collaborations with well-known chefs and food gurus.
The immense variety of the Blue Apron dishes ranges from favorites such as Tacos and burgers to Asian style dishes like noodles and stir-fries, or European classics that can include flatbread, pasta, and quiches.
They also offer dishes to cater to different popular diets and lifestyles, like Carb Conscious, Beyond Meat, Weight Watchers Approved, Diabetes-Friendly recipes, Mediterranean recipes, and meals with less than 600 calories per serving.
Among their weekly menu, you will also find vegetarian and quick & easy dishes, with 20 minutes of cooking time. We are big fans of the quick dishes and highly recommend including at least one of those in your delivery since it is so lovely to have a delicious but fast option available when you simply run out of time.
Here are some Blue Apron meals that we tried and reviewed
Some Popular Blue Apron Recipes To Try:
- Steak & Poblano Tostadas with Cilantro Shrimp & Vegetable Salad
- Orange-Glazed Meatballs with Vegetables & White Rice
- Chipotle Steak & Vegetable Tacos with Orange & Cucumber Salad
- Seared Pork Chops & BBQ Sauce with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Seared Steaks & Roasted Potatoes with Balsamic-Glazed Mushrooms & Shallot
- Roasted Cauliflower & Lemon Pasta with Garlic Breadcrumbs
Inside The Blue Apron Box – Is It Well Organized And Eco-friendly?
With Blue Apron, all the ingredients are delivered in a labeled box, with the refrigerated proteins packed at the bottom with ice packs.
Some sorting needs to be done with Blue Apron deliveries since the ingredients have not already been sorted and packed for each meal. But this only takes a few minutes to do.
A great feature of the Blue Apron delivery is that they wrap all the smaller ingredients for each dish into individual plastic bags or paper bags.
As part of the Blue Apron delivery, you will also find a detailed step-by-step recipe card for each meal of your choice. The recipe card is straightforward to follow, making the Blue Apron cooking experience fun and light.
Blue Apron is also focusing on making its packaging eco-friendly. Over 85% of Blue Apron packaging is recyclable by weight. That includes rigid plastic cups and trays, metal cans, carton boxes, Cardboard inserts, and molded fiber containers.
Quality Of Ingredients:
Our team of meal kit experts has experienced Blue Apron meal kits on multiple occasions over the years. We are happy to confirm excellent consistency in the quality of the ingredients that arrive in their meal kits.
The Blue Apron experts source the best seasonal ingredients directly from local farms, importers, and family-run purveyors. This includes:
- Meats with no added hormones from farms like Country Natural – a cooperative of cattle ranchers
- Sustainably sourced seafood,
- farm-fresh local fruits and vegetables from local farms such as Reeves Farms – a 4th-generation, family-run operation in NYS.
- Artisan sauces and spices.
- Fine cheeses from Vermont Creamery – a 30-year-old goat and cow dairy company from Websterville, Vermont.
- Fresh pasta from Severino Pasta – a small-batch pasta-manufacturing. This local company is a three generations family business based in Westmont, New Jersey.
Website & App
Blue Apron website and app offers both a well-organized and easy to use experience.
You can register, specify eating preferences, select and change your weekly recipes up to four weeks in advance, change your payment method, etc. All of this can be completed online, quickly, and practically.
You can also see past recipes and future menus, including the recipe itself, ingredients list, and additional nutritional information for each dish.
Bottom Line – Is Blue Apron worth it? YES!
If you love to cook but are somewhat bored with your regular recipes, or if you want to save money and spend less time on meal planning and grocery shopping, Blue Apron is a great meal kit option for you!
Blue Apron delivers incredible and creative meal kits that contain the freshest ingredients straight to your door. Blue Apron supports sustainable farming practices and works with trusted producers to bring you tasty ingredients and premium-grade gourmet-like meals, with a restaurant-quality finish.
The Blue Apron service is like fine dining at the comfort of being home and at a much affordable price!
We hope you found our Blue Apron review helpful. Don’t forget to use our great beginner’s promo codes. Just press on the link below and start your culinary adventure with Blue Apron!