If you are a busy parent who needs help getting fast and healthy home-cooked dinners on the table – this article was meant for you!
Meal delivery kit services were created to offer easy-to-follow recipes with high-quality pre-portioned ingredients delivered directly to your door.
A meal kit service usually works as a weekly subscription but with the flexibility to skip weeks or change amount of meals per week. It provides the perfect solution to family mealtime stress!
There are many meal delivery services, but only some are suitable for families. We are here to help and rank the best available.
What Makes A Meal Delivery Service Suitable For Families?
- The service must be suitable for kids, who can often be picky eaters, but still appeal to the grownups.
- The meals need to be quick and easy to prepare so as not to make those busy evenings even busier!
- The meal delivery price per serving needs to be affordable to fit into the family budget.
Our List Of Best Meal Delivery Services With Family-Friendly Meals
1. Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon
Best For Family Dinners – From Martha’s Best Dish Collection!
The one person who best represents healthy home cooking for families is Martha Stewart. This is why her meal kit company, Martha & Marley Spoon, is one of our recommended meal kits for families!
The Martha & Marley Spoon meal kit subscription focuses on family dinner time needs.
With 45 meal choices every week, you can find recipes that cater to many different needs – low-calorie meals, vegetarian meals, quick-cooking meals, and many family-friendly options!
All their meals are comforting classics filled with high-quality fresh ingredients with a clear focus on well-balanced nutritious food.
Top Recommended Meals We Tried From Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon
- Honey-Mustard Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Mashed Potatoes, Peas & Carrots
- Cheese Ravioli & 10-Minute Marinara with Green Beans
- Faster-Than-Takeout Chicken Wonton Stir-Fry
- Fast Philly cheesesteak with lettuce and crouton salad
2. Hello Fresh
Meal Kit Delivery Service For Family Of Four
Hello Fresh is the biggest and most popular meal kit service in the US. The company is all about making your family weeknights easy and delicious! HelloFresh offers meal kit options with classic, tasty recipes that are healthy and easy to prepare. Their recipes include farm-fresh ingredients, with lots of fresh vegetables, that you and your family will love to eat.
HelloFresh offers a particular Family Plan that includes great recipes designed to content both the adults and the little ones in the family. In terms of price, Hello Fresh offers one of the most affordable Family Plan in the industry!
Hello Fresh Family-Friendly Meals We Tried
- Hot honey chicken with BBQ-roasted potatoes and broccoli
- Maple-glazed pork chops with roasted potatoes and a green salad
- Better than takeout hoisin chicken with green beans and jasmine rice
- See here some of our actual HelloFresh tests
Best Affordable option for Families
When you are feeding a family, often the budget is a super important issue which is why Dinnerly is such an appealing option for families!
To make it simple, Dinnerly is one of the most affordable meal kit options for you and your family in America! The company delivers simple and delicious meal kits with a range of fuss-free recipes that suit both grownups and kids. The recipes are easy to follow and take 30 minutes or less to cook using an online recipe card.
You might think that because the low prices, the quality might not be as good as other meal kits. But our experience has shown that nothing could be further from the truth. Dinnerly provides the same high-quality products and tasty meals as other competitors but at a fraction of the cost.
The company can maintain low prices by not getting involved in expensive marketing campaigns, using fewer ingredients per dish (which also means a more straightforward cooking experience for you), and delivering meal kits packed in fuss-free packaging.
Dinnerly Meal Options We Tried That Suit For The Whole Family
- Herbed Chicken & Pan Gravy with Greek Yogurt Mashed Potatoes
- Steak & Pepper Tacos with Salsa & Garlicky Sour Cream
- Chicken Pad Thai with Carrots & Peanuts
- Seared steak & ranch butter with BBQ-spiced potatoes
The Dinnerly menu includes options for vegetarian, low-calorie, low-carb, dairy-free meals, and more.
4. Home Chef
Best Easy Family-Friendly Meal Delivery Service
Home Chef is all about delicious meals that are made using high-quality ingredients. The meals are generally classic with a lovely modern twist of flavors – great for the picky eaters. The menu is diverse and includes over 30 weekly choices.
When it comes to family meals, Home Chef is very flexible. You can select up to 6 servings from each dish on the menu, so they are the best meal kit for a large family! Moreover, their menu offers an extra protein pack as an add-on item that you can add to your box.
The Home Chef service is exceptionally flexible, with the option to customize your meals by changing or doubling the protein in your selected meals.
Some Home Chef Family-Friendly Meals We Tried
- Italian sausage roasted red pepper alfredo with parmesan and peas
- BBQ beef enchiladas with corn salsa
- Pork meatballs with rice and snap peas (gluten-free-friendly)
- Teriyaki steak with peanuts and jasmine rice
5. Fresh and Easy Meal Plan By Home Chef
Easy Meal kits Made For Families
The new released Fresh and Easy Plan by Home Chef is ideally suited for families. Whether your family is large or small, you will love this family-friendly plan’s convenience and time-saving features.
This plan was designed to deliver home-cooking meal solutions that are quick and easy to prepare and require minimum preparation and clean-up – the ideal option for busy families who want to spend more time doing things they love.
The Fresh and Easy Plan menu includes a few types of meals, like slow cooking, ready in 15 minutes, grill-ready, oven-ready, and entree salads. Some recipes, such as oven-ready meals, even come with an oven-proof disposable tray, so no soaking or washing-up is required.
You can select up to 6 meals per week for up to six people – so it’s an excellent fit for small and large families.
Some Popular Fresh & Easy Family-Friendly Meals
- Cherry Mustard Meatballs with Parmesan Broccoli – oven-ready
- Lemon Chicken with Penne Alfredo and Peas – oven-ready
- Szechuan Pork Noodle Bowl with Crispy wontons – ready in 15 minutes
- Smokehouse sausage jambalaya
The Home Chef Fresh and Easy plan include a low-calorie, low-carb, or vegetarian diet, and more.
Healthy Meal Kits For Families
If you want your family to eat the most healthy meals, Sun Basket is your choice. Sunbasket is about healthy and easy home cooking! But this comes with a price tag.
All their ingredients are organic or sustainably produced, and they provide delicious fresh recipes that are delivered to your home weekly.
The Sun Basket Family Plan, which is more affordable than their regular Classic Plan, includes recipes hand-picked by their chefs and designed to please parents and kids. In addition, there is a “Kids Can” recipe instruction card.
With the Sun Basket Family Plan, you will have a choice of favorites, like pasta, tacos, and noodles, to ensure happy family meals every time.
Our Top Picks From The Sun Basket Family-Friendly Menu
- Lemongrass pork meatball banh mi
- Turkey bolognese with fusilli, zucchini, and peas
- Chicken fajita skillet with roasted red peppers and penne pasta
- Turkey taco bowls with brown rice and black beans
Sun Basket delivers to all 48 continental states in the U.S, and their menu includes meals to suit dietary restrictions, such as vegan, vegetarian, paleo, Mediterranean, gluten-free, diabetes-friendly, and more. The menu also offers prepared meals and many add-ons
What Are The Benefits Of Using Meal Kit Delivery Services For Families?
One of the most significant issue that families face is time management! Many parents state that one of their least favorite times of the day is family dinner time – due to the stress involved. The best advantage of meal kit service is that it removes the stress level of planning and cooking. It allows you to better enjoy family evenings, with all the following benefits:
- Convenience – meal kit services are all about convenience. They do meal planning, recipe writing, grocery shopping, and portion control for you. All you need to do is follow the easy-to-follow recipes.
- Affordability – meal delivery services generally are cost-effective with portion-controlled ingredients and less food waste. If you compare buying ingredients from scratch, you will be surprised at how affordable some meal kits are.
- High-quality ingredients – meal kits are known for using only the best ingredients and working with trusted suppliers and local producers.
- Expand your culinary horizons – meal kits allow you to experience many different culinary styles from all over the world, combined with the opportunity to taste an extensive range of ingredients and spices.
- Time – By using a meal kit service, you will be spending less time on meal preparation and cleaning up. Most meal kits are designed to be cooked in about 30 minutes, and some companies even offer quick recipes of 15-20 minutes cooking time.
Our Methodology – Why You Can Trust Us
When looking for a meal kit service for families, knowing where to start can be hard. There are many companies in The meal-kit industry, all offering different services and specialties.
Our team at The Meal Kit Review website ensures that we complete an in-depth testing process for every company we review. The method includes subscribing, making orders for a few weeks, and, most importantly – cooking and tasting the meals!
By doing this, we can offer you all the information you need to assess each company’s suitability for your family. Our reviews include information on aspects like meal offering, taste, the complexity of cooking, pricing, sustainability, and more.
Instead of running around, spending hours on google, and possibly contacting customer services, you can simply read our review!
If you are a busy parent who needs help getting fast and healthy home-cooked dinners on the table – this article was meant for you! A large variety of meal kit services offer some convenient and attractive solutions for families.
No matter which service you choose, we are confident that meal delivery services will help your family eat better.
Meal kit services will also help you reduce the time you spend thinking about dinner, grocery shopping, and cooking.
So whether it be saving you time, reducing your stress, or helping your family eat better – using a meal kit service is a win-win option!