About California wine club
The California wine club is a club that has an impressive variety of club levels, offering something for almost everybody! It was established in 1990 with the goal to focus on artisan wineries from both California and across the globe, with the view to giving their members access to the best boutique wines in the world.
The California wine club available levels
The Californian wine club gives its members a great deal of choice, with five different club levels on offer.
- Premier Series: The Premier Series is a great place to start and is the most popular club level of the California wine club. It includes two hand-picked bottles of award-winning wines from the California wine country, delivered on a monthly basis.
- Signature Series: This series is ideal for those with a more sophisticated palate who are looking for a fine-wine experience. The Signature Series includes two bottles of wine per month that are some of the most highly rated and illustrious of California’s wines. These wines are so highly sought after that they are rarely available anywhere else.
- International Series: For those of you who enjoy exploring the international world of wine, this series is ideal. The International Series includes two bottles of artisan-crafted wines per month that have been sourced from small boutique global operations.
- Aged Cabernet Series: Another series that is well suited to those with a seasoned tasting palate. The Aged Cabernet Series includes two bottles per month of highly regarded Napa Valley Cabernets. These wines have been aged for 8-12 years in a strictly temperature-controlled environment and are ready to be enjoyed now.
- Pacific Northwest Series: If you are a fan of wines from Oregon and Washington, this series features two bottles every month of wine from the best owner-operated wineries in the region.
The California wine club does tend to be a little more expensive when compared to other wine clubs. However, it does include quality, award-winning bottles of wines from California and other regions from around the world. It is well worth that little extra if you would like to explore the world of small family wineries, with a special focus on California.
Main Benefits of the California Wine Club
- Order the best wine to suit your palate with the help of personal wine consultants.
- For any reorders of your favorite wines, pay only $1 for shipping.
- Receive up to 50% off all wine reorders.
- Take advantage of VIP Tours at featured wineries and a California wine country travel guide.
- Enjoy the personalized experience of ‘My Wine Cellar’, your online account, which assists in curating the perfect selection for your palate.
Managing your account
Managing your account is simple and stress-free via the California wine club website. Subscribing and orders are very straight-forward. The first thing you will need to do is select you plan then stipulate your preferences in terms of frequency of delivery, type of wine, etc. Then it is simply a matter of checking out after you have updated your account information.
Your personal account allows you to update your club plan, reorder any of your favorite wines, manage your selection with your personalized ‘wine cellar’ and keep your details up to date. It is here you can also access your personal wine consultant.
The wines of California wine club
As the California wine club has a specific focus on small family wineries, their wine list includes some of the most interesting wines in the world. The club holds a portfolio of nearly 200 boutique wineries. Many of these are based within the California wine region, but others include places such as France, Italy, Australia, Chile and more. You can access a list of all their featured wines via their website.
We really enjoyed the wines we tasted from the California wine club Premier Series box. Our favorite wines both came from the Napa Valley.
The Peju Sauvignon Blanc was a wine that received a gold medal in the Alameda County Wine Competition. It was refreshing and fine with gentle undertones of floral and pear.
The Peju Piccolo Red wine blend was a lovely smooth wine to enjoy; it was quite full-bodied and had lingering notes of cherry with a hint of spiciness.
We think that the California wine club is ideal for lovers of Californian wines and for those who appreciate lesser-known, quality wines from small-batch vineyards.
The club is impressive in that it offers five different plans ranging from the Premier Series with quality wines that are suited to day-to-day tasting to the prestigious wines included in the Signature Series.
The California wine club has an extensive portfolio of approximately 200 boutique wineries, and they offer some very attractive member benefits such as low shipping costs and substantial discounts on wine reorders.
We really enjoyed the California wine club experience and recommend that you try this unique wine club.