Last Updated on
Quick Nutrisystem Review
Nutrisystem is a company that provides four-week weight-loss plans, with super easy-to-prep meals to help you lose weight in a safe and sustainable way. Nutrisystem delivers weight-loss holistically. They make a promise that you will lose up to 13 lbs & 7 inches on average in your first month, without worrying about what to eat or spending any extra time in the kitchen!
What is the Nutrisystem diet plan?
Nutrisystem is one of the most popular and well-known weight-loss meal delivery programs in the USA. The company first began to offer weight-loss meal plans in 1972, and it has been helping people achieve their weight-loss goals ever since. They have been around for a long time and have a proven track record of success.
Nutrisystem offers 4-week weight-loss food programs, with easy-to-prep meals that are delivered directly to your door. Meals only require heating via the oven or microwave, or no heating at all. The belief behind Nutrisystem is that for safe and healthy weight loss to be achieved – you need to eat smaller, well-balanced meals several times throughout the day. This method of eating promotes better long-term weight loss and assists with successfully maintaining your ideal weight. That is why the company has created plans to cover your dietary needs for the entire day.
Nutrisystem menu includes perfectly portioned breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks. All of the Nutrisystem meals are created by chefs and are healthier versions of your most favorite foods, using delicious and high-quality ingredients.
Who is Nutrisystem for?
Nutrisystem was created to give a one-stop-shop solution for people who wish to lose weight in a healthy and attainable way. Nutrisystem promises that you will lose up to 13 lbs & 7 inches overall during your first month of using the service. This is without excess worrying about what you need to eat or spending hours in the kitchen doing meal preparation!
Does the Nutrisystem diet really work?
The effectiveness of the Nutrisystem diet has been proven to work in several studies. According to the results of research conducted by the company, people who strictly follow the Nutrisystem diet lose around 12 pounds and 8 inches on average during the first month. When looking at their website, and at internet reviews, you can read hundreds of success stories about people who have successfully lost weight using the Nutrisystem diet meal delivery program.
It is important to note that your results are completely reliant on you following the Nutrisystem program. It is crucial to follow the diet as instructed. This means no skipping meals, no eating foods that are not part of the diet, adding vegetables as instructed, and drinking a large amount of water (at least 64 ounces) every day!
- Basic Plan – an easy-to-follow 28-day plan, with 5 Nutrisystem meals per day – breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks
- Uniquely Yours Plan – this plan includes everything from the Basic Plan, but with the option to choose from over 160+ delicious menu items that include frozen and non-frozen choices.
- Uniquely Yours Ultimate Plan – includes all the menu variety of the Uniquely Yours Plan, but with 7 meals per day instead of 5.
- Vegetarian Plan – an easy-to-follow 28-day plan. Includes the option to choose from 90+ vegetarian meals and snacks which are all dietitian-approved, nutritionally well-balanced and designed for weight-loss.
The first three plans are available as Men’s Plans and as Diabetes Plans. Nutrisystem also offers a range of ‘Nutrisystem® Success’ transition and maintenance plans, that will help you maintain your weight after achieving your weight-loss goal.
Main benefits of using Nutrisystem
- Nutrisystem makes the promise that you will lose up to 13 lbs & 7 inches on average during your first month of using Nutrisystem.
- Ease of use – all meals are fully prepared and ready to heat and eat.
- Balanced and healthy meals.
- Surprisingly affordable prices. Especially when using our beginner’s promotion or the auto-delivery option.
- Huge selection of over 160 meals, to cover your needs throughout the day.
- Money-Back Guarantee – if you are not satisfied with your first order, contact their customer support within the first 14 days, and you can send the remaining food back for a full refund!
Variety of meals
Nutrisystem offers an impressive range of over 160 meals, including options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. The meals tend to be popular favorites, designed to be well-balanced and low in calories, to help you with your weight loss goals.
When looking at their menu, you can see that Nutrisystem makes an effort to include many culinary styles. The menu ranges from Italian style meals like pasta, lasagna or pizza, to Asian style meals like stir-fry or noodles, and All-American classics like mac & cheese, hamburgers or cinnamon rolls.
The secret with Nutrisystem is portion control. Their system is more about eating less per meal, but more frequently during the day.
During the first week of the diet, you will get the “fresh start” box, to help you jumpstart your weight loss journey. This box is made up of special meals and snacks designed specifically for your first week. From week two and onwards, you will continue losing weight with the Nutrisystem meals, plus a few grocery foods that you are asked to add in which mainly consist of fresh vegetables.
Here is what a typical day would look like on the Nutrisystem women’s diet plan (men receive an extra snack per day). To this, Nutrisystem recommends adding 4 servings of fresh or steamed veggies, to help you get more vitamins and fibers.
- Breakfast – Apple cinnamon oatmeal (1)
- Morning Snack – Cinnamon raisin baked bar (1)
- Lunch – Cheddar broccoli rice and a side salad
- Afternoon Snack – Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries
- Dinner – Roasted turkey medallions with steamed broccoli
- Evening Snack – Oatmeal raisin cookie
Nutrisystem nutritious values
As you can imagine, a meal delivery service like Nutrisystem, which is all about foods for weight loss, is focusing on delivering foods with high nutritional values. Their team has designed their plans to include:
- The right mix of foods to keep you fueled and energized
- Meals with plenty of healthy lean proteins
- Meals with high fiber values, to help you feel full for longer
- Meals with low-glycemic carbs, in order to stabilize your blood sugar levels
- Meals that include no artificial sweeteners or flavors
According to the company, all their programs provide 1,800 to 2,000 mg of sodium per day. This meets the USDA daily recommendation of 2,300 mg sodium or less for the general population.
Other than the obvious feature of catering to weight loss goals, the Nutrisystem plans, and menu items are full of options to cater to other diets and lifestyles which include diabetes, keto, and vegetarian.
Nutrisystem quality of ingredients
Nutrisystem only uses high-quality ingredients that are farm-fresh whenever possible. The company also pays extra attention to providing ingredients that are free from all of the following:
- Artificial flavors or sweeteners
- Artificial colors
- High fructose corn syrup
- Trans-fats and partially hydrogenated oils
The Nutrisystem box and delivery
Your Nutrisystem delivery arrives in a large, branded box. Inside, you will find all your meals individually wrapped and color-coded for each meal of the day. Orange for breakfast, light blue for lunch, red for dinner, green for shakes and purple for snacks.
It is FREE to ship with Nutrisystem, and you can expect to receive your order within 4 to 10 business days after you have placed your order, depending on your address.
Frozen meals and snacks (from the ‘Uniquely Yours’ or ‘Uniquely Yours Plus’ food plan), are delivered separately through FedEx, using specially designed trucks and packaging for frozen foods. Inside the box, you will find enough dried ice to keep your foods frozen for 6 to 8 hours, so it is ok if you are not home to receive your delivery.
Unpacking is super easy since each meal is wrapped individually, color-coded and labeled. Just make sure you have enough room in your cupboards, refrigerator, and freezer because there is quite a lot of food in each delivery!
The Nutrisystem website and ordering process
In order to register for the Nutrisystem service, the first thing you will need to do is to choose your preferred plan from their plans menu. Once you have selected your plan, you will need to provide some personal information like height, current weight, and your contact information. If you selected the “choose your own meals” option, the next step is to choose your meals for the month. Lastly, you will need to complete your payment information and then confirm your order.
After you have registered for the service, you will find helpful information on their websites such as more information regarding the diet, full menu details, and many success stories.
You can manage your account online, under the “my account section”, where you can change your chosen meals for the next deliveries, change plans or update personal information. The website also offers a chat communication channel if you have any questions or need help.
Nutrisystem delivery area
Nutrisystem ships across the United States. Once you place your order, you will be advised of your package tracking information, so you will know when to expect your order to arrive. Your order should arrive within 4 to 10 business days.
Nutrisystem customer support
Nutrisystem offers a few means of support, as follows:
- A FAQs section, with answers to many questions you might have – https://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/help/contact.jsp
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number- 1-800-585-5483, operating Monday to Friday 8am-10pm EST and Saturday to Sunday 9am-9pm EST
- Online chat through their website
Bottom Line – do we recommend ordering from Nutrisystem?
If you are looking for a reliable weight loss plan, to help you lose those extra pounds without the stress of cooking or meal planning, we definitely recommend that you give Nutrisystem a try! Nutrisystem is an excellent weight loss meal delivery program, with an established track record and countless success stories.
Their plans are healthy, easy to use, affordable, and at the end of the day – they work! If you have any doubts about their program, the company promises a money-back guarantee if you are not pleased with the food or the results in the first 14 days. So your money is safe, just in case the Nutrisystem experience does not meet your expectations.