If you are a busy parent who needs help with getting fast and healthy home-cooked dinners on the table – this article was meant for you!
Meal kit services was created to offers you easy-to-follow recipes with high quality pre-portioned ingredients delivered directly to your door. A meal kit service usually works a weekly subscription. It provides the perfect solution to family mealtime stress!
There are many meal kit services out there, but not all of them are most suitable for families. We are here to help and rank the best family-friendly meal kits available.
What makes a meal kit delivery service suitable for a family?
- The service needs to be suitable for kids, who can quite often be picky eaters, but still appeal to the grownups.
- The meals need to be quick and easy to prepare, so as not to make those busy evenings even busier!
- The price needs to be affordable so that it can fit into the family budget.
Here Is Our List Of The Best Family-Friendly Meal Kits:
HelloFresh is the largest global company in the meal kit industry, offering many healthy eating meals every week.
The Hello Fresh meals are packed with the freshest ingredients and can suit the needs of singles, couples, and families. The menu features low-calorie, vegetarian, pescatarian, and fast & easy recipes.
1. Hello Fresh family meal kit plan:
Hello Fresh is the biggest and most popular meal kit service in the US. The company is all about making your family weeknights easy and delicious! HelloFresh offers meal kit options with classic, tasty recipes that are healthy and easy to prepare. Their recipes include farm-fresh ingredients, with lots of fresh vegetables, that you and your family members will love to eat.
HelloFresh offers a special Family Plan that includes great recipes that are designed to please both the adults and the little ones in the family. In terms of price, Hello Fresh offers the most affordable Family Plan in the industry!
Here are some great examples of Hello Fresh family-friendly meals:
- Hot honey chicken with BBQ-roasted potatoes and broccoli
- Maple-glazed pork chops with roasted potatoes and a green salad
- Better than takeout hoisin chicken with green beans and jasmine rice
- See here some of our actual HelloFresh tests
Home Chef is all about simplifying home cooking. The company delivers fun, familiar meals that are always with an exciting twist.
Home Chef meals are effortless to cook. The menu includes a selection of 30 minutes meal kits, express meal kits, and even Oven Ready Meals!
***New*** Fresh and Easy By Home Chef
2. Home Chef family Meal Kits Plan:
Home Chef is all about delicious meals that are made using high-quality ingredients. Their meals are generally quite classic with a lovely modern twist of flavors.
When it comes to family meals, Home Chef is very flexible. You can select up to 6 servings from each dish on the menu, so they are in fact the best meal kit for a large family! Moreover, their menu offers an extra protein pack as an add-on item that you can add to your box.
The Home Chef service is extremely flexible, with the option to customize your meals, by changing or doubling the protein in your selected meals.
Here are some of the most popular Home Chef family-friendly meals:
- Italian sausage roasted red pepper alfredo with parmesan and peas
- BBQ beef enchiladas with corn salsa
- Pork meatballs with rice and snap peas
TLDR Dinnerly Review:
Their meals are simple, delicious, and easy to cook – and start at just $4.69 per serving!
All the Dinnerly meals are designed with five easy steps, so you can say goodby to stressful meal planning and trips to the grocery store.
3. Dinnerly- Best Affordable option for Families
When you are feeding a family, often the budget is a super important issue which is why Dinnerly is such an appealing option for families!
To make it simple, Dinnerly is one of the most affordable meal kit options for you and your family in America! The company delivers simple and delicious meal kits, with a range of fuss-free recipes that suit both grownups and kids alike. The recipes are very easy to follow and take 30 minutes or less to cook, using online recipe card.
You might think that because the prices are low, the quality might not be as good as other meal kits. But our experience has shown that nothing could be further from the truth. Dinnerly provides the same high-quality products as other competitors, but at a fraction of the cost.
The company is able to maintain low prices by not getting involved in expensive marketing campaigns, using fewer ingredients per dish (which also means a simpler cooking experience for you), and delivering meal kits packed in fuss-free packaging.
Some great Dinnerly meal options for families:
- Herbed Chicken & Pan Gravy with Greek Yogurt Mashed Potatoes
- Steak & Pepper Tacos with Salsa & Garlicky Sour Cream
- Chicken Pad Thai with Carrots & Peanuts
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
4. Sun Basket best meal kits for families
If you want your family to eat the most healthy meals – Sun Basket is your choice! Sun Basket is all about healthy and easy home-cooking!
All their ingredients are organic or sustainably produced, and they provide delicious fresh recipes that are delivered to your home on a weekly basis.
The Sun Basket Family Plan, which is more affordable than their regular Classic Plan, includes recipes that have been hand-picked by their chefs and are designed to please parents and kids alike. In addition, there is a “Kids Can” recipe instruction card. They also include in-box activities to help get the kids involved with meal preparation in a fun way.
With the Sun Basket Family Plan, you will have a choice of favorites like pasta, tacos, and noodles, to ensure happy family meals every time.
Here are our top picks from the Sun Basket family-friendly menu:
- Lemongrass pork meatball banh mi
- Turkey bolognese with fusilli, zucchini, and peas
- Chicken fajita skillet with roasted red peppers and penne pasta
5. Fresh and Easy- Meal kits made for families
The newly released Fresh and Easy Plan by Home Chef is ideally suited for families. Whether your family is large or small, you will love the convenience and time-saving features of this family-friendly plan.
This plan was designed to deliver home cooking meal solutions that are quick and easy to prepare, and require minimum preparation and clean up. The ideal option for busy families who would like to spend more time doing things that they love.
The Fresh and Easy Plan menu includes a few types of meals, like slow cooking, ready in 15 minutes, grill-ready, oven-ready, and entree salads. Some recipes such as the oven-ready meals even come with an oven-proof disposable tray, so no soaking or washing-up is required.
You can select up to 6 meals per week for six people – so it’s a great fit for small and large families alike.
Here are some popular Fresh and Easy family-friendly meals:
- Cherry Mustard Meatballs with Parmesan Broccoli – oven-ready
- Lemon Chicken with Penne Alfredo and Peas – oven-ready
- Szechuan Pork Noodle Bowl with Crispy wontons – ready in 15 minutes
The Home Chef Fresh and Easy Plan include options for low-calorie, low-carb, vegetarian diets, and more.
6. Martha and Marley Spoon: Best for Family Dinner
The one person who best represents healthy home cooking for families is Martha Stewart. This is why her meal kit company, Martha & Marley Spoon, is one of our recommended meal kits for families!
The Martha & Marley Spoon meal kit subscription service is focused on the needs of family dinner time. With 22 meal choices every week, you can find recipes that cater to many different needs – low-calorie meals, vegetarian meals, quick-cooking meals, and of course many family-friendly options!
All their meals are comforting classics and filled with high-quality fresh ingredients with a clear focus on well-balanced and healthy eating.
Here are our top recommended meals from Martha & Marley Spoon:
- Honey-Mustard Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Mashed Potatoes, Peas & Carrots
- Cheese Ravioli & 10-Minute Marinara with Green Beans
- Faster-Than-Takeout Chicken Wonton Stir-Fry
There is a large variety of meal kit services that offer some convenient and attractive solutions for families.
No matter which service you choose, we are confident that a meal kits services will help your family to eat better. Meal kit services will also help you reduce the time that you spend thinking about dinner, grocery shopping, and cooking. So whether it be saving you time, reducing your stress, or helping your family eat better – using a meal kit service is a win-win option!
What Are The Benefits Of Using a meal kits service for families?
One of the biggest issues that families face is time management! Many parents state that one of their least favorite times of the day is family dinner time – due to the stress involved. The best advantage of meal kit service is that it removes the stress level of planning and cooking. It allows you to better enjoy family evenings, with all the following benefits:
- Convenience – meal kit services are all about convenience. They do the meal planning, recipe writing, grocery shopping, and portion control for you. All you need to do is follow the easy-to-follow recipes.
- Affordability – meal delivery services generally are cost-effective with portion-controlled ingredients and less food waste. If you compare buying ingredients from scratch, you will be surprised at how affordable some meal kits are.
- High-quality ingredients – meal kits are known for using only the best quality ingredients and working with trusted suppliers and local producers.
- Expand your culinary horizons – meal kits allow you to experience many different culinary styles from all over the world, combined with the opportunity to taste an extensive range of ingredients and spices.
- Time – By using a meal kit service, you will be spending less time on meal preparation and cleaning up. Most meal kits are designed to be cooked at 30-40 minutes, and some companies even offer quick recipes of 15-20 minutes cooking time.
What Should You Look At When Choosing a Family Meal-kit Service?
Only you know what are your priorities, but the following are always good points to consider when looking for a meal kit service for your family:
- Cost – look at the average price per serving so you can compare and work out which company best fits your budget.
- Flexibility – if you often go away or can’t commit to a service every week, check that the companies you are looking at offer the flexibility to skip weeks.
- Beginner’s promotions – before signing up, make sure to check for any available promotions for new customers. You can access our list of beginner’s promotions here.
- Menu variety – check out present and future menus to make sure that the variety of meals work for your family.
- Special dietary needs – many meal kits offer special menus for different diets like low-calories, vegetarian, plant-based, and more.
Why Use Our “Best Meal Kits For Families’ Review?
When looking for a meal kit service for families, it can be hard knowing where to start. There are many companies in The meal-kit industry, all offering different services and specialties.
Our team makes sure that we complete an in-depth testing process for every company that we review. The process includes subscribing, making orders for a few weeks, and, most importantly – cooking and tasting the meals!
By doing this, we can offer you all the information you need to assess each company’s suitability for your family. Instead of running around, spending hours on google, and possibly contacting customer services, you can simply read our review!