We write our honest review, however, we may receive a commission from our partners to helps us to support this website. Prices can vary due to changes in promotions or policies.
Cooking for two can be challenging. Whether you are a couple with or without kids, it is very common to feel that you don’t have the extra time for meal planning, grocery shopping, and cooking. Freshly cooked meals at home can take a lot of time and work! Nowadays, most couples have busy lives.
Whether it be juggling your career, trying to stay in good health, maintaining a hectic social life, and family responsibilities – life is simply too busy. Often the thought of coming home at the end of a long day and cooking a healthy meal can be quite daunting. That is why a good meal kit delivery service can come in handy!
It is almost too good to be true – a meal kit for two with farm-fresh ingredients and chef-designed recipes arriving at your door every week!
You probably heard of at least a few, like Hello Fresh, Sun Basket Blue Apron, or Green Chef, but which is the best, and what are the specialties of each? Continue reading to find out!
Here are The Best Meal Kits for Couples:
In Depth: Best Meal Kits Companies for Two-People:
1. Blue Apron Meal Kits for Two Person
When you’re cooking for two, it can be hard to estimate the right portion of groceries you need, let alone coming up with new creative meal ideas to cook at home. That is where Blue Apron can do the work for you!
Blue Apron was the first meal kit service in the USA, and it is still a highly rated meal kit service across the country.
Blue Apron’s primary focus is on keeping dinners interesting. The Blue Apron menu includes unique, tasteful dishes that you can cook at home as a couple or for a nice romantic date night at home.
The ingredients for each meal arrive with an easy step-by-step recipe card. The cooking takes no more than 25-40 fun minutes.
We recommend trying these Blue Apron meals for couples:
- Sour cherry-glazed lamb chops with roasted sweet potatoes & chile yogurt
- Vadouvan chicken & mango chutney sauce
- Crispy Brussels Sprout & Saffron Risotto
HelloFresh is the largest global company in the meal kit industry, offering many healthy eating meals every week.
The Hello Fresh meals are packed with the freshest ingredients and can suit the needs of singles, couples, and families. The menu features low-calorie, vegetarian, pescatarian, and fast & easy recipes.
2. Hello Fresh – best meal kits for couples
Hello Fresh is the largest and most popular meal kit service in the country, and we can understand why!
After trying their service many times, we can honestly say it is the perfect meal kit service for two!
The company offers an exciting menu of 20 meals every week! Some meals have a more gourmet feel to them, which is perfect for a date night at home. Others are more casual and easy to prepare, ideal for those evenings when you arrive home after a long and busy day.
The common ground for all their recipes is that they are delicious. Hello Fresh never fails to deliver delicious, tempting dinners!
Here are some popular meal options from Hello Fresh for couples:
- Beef tenderloin with demi-glace sauce, mashed potatoes, and lemony Brussels sprouts
- Toasted coconut tempura shrimp with tropical slaw, lime rice, and sweet n’ spicy sauce
- Teriyaki chicken tacos with cabbage slaw and pickled red onion
Home Chef is all about simplifying home cooking. The company delivers fun, familiar meals that are always with an exciting twist.
Home Chef meals are effortless to cook. The menu includes a selection of 30 minutes meal kits, express meal kits, and even Oven Ready Meals!
***New*** Fresh and Easy By Home Chef
3. Home Chef- Meal Kits for Couples
Home Chef is all about great classic home cooking, using high-quality farm-fresh ingredients. The Home Chef service is ideal for couples who are pressed for time but who would still like delicious home-cooked meals that take 30 minutes or less to prepare.
Our team has tried Home Chef many times over the last few years, and we have always been pleased with our experiences. The recipes are easy to follow, filled with great quality veggies, and at the end of the day, the meals are delicious!
The Home Chef menu is innovative and full of choices. The menu includes a few oven-ready and 15 minutes meal kits! The menu also offers options for a low-carb diet and low-calorie diet.
Finally, the company recently launched a new “Customize It” feature, where you can swap, upgrade, and even double the amount of protein in your selected meals.
Here are our top picks for Home Chef meal kits for two:
- Chicken with grape tomato-pine nut vinaigrette and truffle cream tortellini
- Beef meatloaf sliders with BBQ red potatoes
- Chipotle shrimp tostadas with guacamole and queso fresco
The Home Chef meal kits for couples are delivered to 98% of the US. Their menu offers 18 meal choices every week. This includes vegetarian options, 5 minutes salads, and lovely add-ons like smoothies and protein packs.
Quick Sun Basket Review:
Sun Basket is best known for offering ALL ORGANIC meal kits and oven-ready meals.
Sun Basket has recently updated their prices, now offering their great meals starting at only $8.99 per serving!
4. Sun Basket- couples meal kits
The company offers all sustainably sourced and organic ingredients to create delicious recipes that are super easy to cook, following a friendly 6-step recipe card.
Sun Basket has the option of a couples plan, which includes a choice of 3 recipes or more from their extensive 20+ meals per week.
Their vast menu features a selection of meals to cater to many dietary needs like paleo, plant-based, vegetarian, the Mediterranean diet, gluten-free friendly, pescatarian, and more. The menu also includes many speedy meals and oven-ready meals, designed especially for busy couples.
The menu also offers many add ons like breakfasts, lunch options, snacks, protein packs, fresh pasta, and organic pasta sauces. It is easy to get into the healthy Sun Basket way of life and not just at dinnertime!
We gathered a list of the Sun Basket meal kits for couples:
- One-pot chicken and Spanish rice
- Mini rosemary-potato pizzas with fresh mozzarella and arugula
- Malai potato kofta curry with naan
TLDR Dinnerly Review:
Their meals are simple, delicious, and easy to cook – and start at just $4.69 per serving!
All the Dinnerly meals are designed with five easy steps, so you can say goodby to stressful meal planning and trips to the grocery store.
5. Dinnerly- Cheap Couples Meal Kits For Beginner home Chefs
Many people think meal kits are a luxury service only – But Dinnerly is a super cheap meal kit service, with a meal cost of less than $5 per serving.
Dinnerly keeps prices lower than most competitors by providing simple classic meals with fewer ingredients and simple packaging.
The menu variety offered by Dinnerly is excellent and features 18 meals every week, including some vegetarian meals, low-carb meals, dairy-free meals, low-calorie meals, and more.
Make sure to enjoy these easy-to-cook hits from Dinnerly:
- Creamy Ravioli Primavera with Broccoli, Carrots & Peas
- BBQ Spiced Steak & Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Green Beans
- Better-Than-Takeout: Smoky Chicken Tacos with Tangy Slaw
6. Fresh and Easy- Easy To cook Meal Kits for Two People
Home Chef is a well-established company that focuses on bringing people together over the dinner table. They have just launched a super-convenient plan called the Fresh and Easy Plan. This plan is ideal for couples who would like to enjoy a meal at the end of a long day without worrying about endless preparation or wasted time in the kitchen. If you are a busy couple juggling hectic work and social lives, it can be hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
It is as if Home Chef designed their Fresh and Easy Plan specifically for time-poor couples. This plan is an attractive and convenient way of eating well with delicious meals that are quick and easy to prepare. Couples can choose up to six meals a week from a weekly menu that includes at least eight recipes. Oven and grill-ready choices make life easy with disposable oven trays and grill bags and almost zero clean up. There are also slow-cooker meals, meals that take no longer than 15 minutes to prepare, and entrée-salad meals.
Here are some of our top picks for couples from the Home Chef Fresh and Easy Plan:
- Chicken Satay Rice Bowl with Bok Choy and Peanuts – ready in 15 minutes
- Creamy Tomato and Italian Sausage Penne Bake with Spinach – oven-ready
- Honey Butter Pork Chop with Parmesan Broccoli – ready in 15 minutes
The Home Chef delivers to 98% of America. Couples can also order additional add-ons from Home Chef, including 5-minute salads, heat and eat meals, and protein packs.
7. EveryPlate – an affordable meal kit for two:
If you are looking for the most affordable meal kit service for couples – EveryPlate is probably your best option! EveryPlate was designed to meet the needs of those on a budget. It is a service that provides beautiful meal-kits that create delicious meal meals for two people for only $10 per couple! That is $10 for dinner for a couple!
The company has a 2-person plan with plenty of delicious meal options. The service is very cheap in comparison to other meal kit services for two, but their menu selection of eight meals per week contains many delicious meals. All meals are quite easy and quick to prepare – a perfect fit for a couple with a busy modern life. We can honestly say that after trying the meals from EveryPlate several times that they were all very tasty and the ingredients used were of very good quality.
Here are the most popular EveryPlate meals for couples:
- Party thyme steak with garlic ciabatta and Brussels sprouts
- Pimento grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato and sweet potatoes wedges
- Pork and pineapple tacos with pickled onions and lime crema
- Sweet and tangy cherry meatballs with roasted zucchini and mashed potatoes
EveryPlate currently delivers to the majority of the continental USA. We recommend entering your zip code during the checkout process to see if they deliver to your address.
8.Martha and Marley Spoon- Classic Meal Kits for Two Person
Martha & Marley Spoon is the meal kit delivery company of the most famous home cooking persona – Martha Stewart. So with this service, you can be sure to experience the best classic recipes for your at-home dining experience. Martha & Marley Spoon offers an extensive menu of 20 recipes every week.
Among those, you will find some vegetarian & vegan meals, dairy-free meals, low-calorie healthy meals, and quick and easy recipes. All recipes feature a fantastic quality of ingredients with an extra focus on bringing fresh vegetables to your dinner table.
Here are some of the best meals from the Martha and Marley Spoon menu for 2:
- Apricot-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Vegetables & Gravy
- Sriracha Shrimp Poke Bowl with Brown Rice & Pickled Veggies
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
As you can see, there is a fantastic variety of meal kit services for couples. Some of them offer classic and easy home cooking, while others provide more of a challenge in terms of the cooking processes or the flavor combination.
Regardless, using a meal kit delivery service will remove the headache of planning your weekly menus. Meal kit delivery services are simply ideal for couples, so we strongly recommend giving it a try right away!
Benefits of Using Meal Kits for Two-Person:
We know it can be hard finding the time to plan and prepare healthy and tasteful meals at home every evening. There are many benefits to using a meal kit service as a busy modern couple that it is impossible to list them all.
Following are a few key benefits to using a meal kit service for two:
- Convenience and time-saving. No doubt using a meal kit service will save you time: no more meal planning, grocery shopping, or long meal preparation. Eat well at home with minimum fuss.
- Well-balanced and healthy meals. Meal kit services are experts at creating recipes that provide balanced nutrition.
- Enjoy chef-designed fine dining at home. Meal kit services for couples employ chefs to create fabulous recipes combined with high-quality ingredients that will make you feel like you are dining restaurant-quality meals at the comfort of your own homes.
- Increase your intake of vegetables. Most meal kit services for couples make it a priority to increase the number of vegetables in their recipes.
- Affordability. Meal kit services for two are surprisingly affordable, and you will find that they offer a cheaper (and healthier) alternative to ordering take outs and ordering in.
- Expand your culinary horizons. Using a meal kit service will be experiencing a great diversity of culinary styles while being introduced to new flavors and spices.
How to choose a meal kit service for couples?
As a couple considering which meal kit service is best for you, you will need to work out your priorities.
Following are some of the things that we recommend considering:
- Price – if budget is a priority for you, then assess what you can afford and how the various meal kit services for couples compare. The best thing that we recommend doing is calculating how much an average meal for a couple will cost and comparing the various companies.
- Flexibility – check to see if the company provides the flexibility you need in skipping weeks, changing menus selections for weeks in advance, and canceling without penalty.
- Variety of menu – you might love all-American cooking, or you might prefer traveling the globe with a range of culinary styles from all over the world. Regardless of your preferences, you will find companies that cater to them.
- Special diet requirements – Many meal kit services offer a special menu for diets: plant-based meals, vegetarian meals, gluten-free meals, and more. Check the plans and meals offered, especially if you have any lifestyle or dietary requirements.
- Quality of ingredients – If eating organic or sustainably sourced products is your priority, make sure to check the sources of the ingredient.
Why Use Our Review?
Our team at the meal kit review website is well-versed in the world of meal kits. We are passionate about the excellent benefits offered by this type of service.
As part of our review, we developed an in-depth testing process that involves experiencing all elements of each company, including ordering, cooking, and tasting a range of meals from the menu.
The meal delivery industry has rapidly expanded over the years, and it is now quite overwhelming knowing where to start. If you are a couple looking for the best meal kit service to upgrade your dinner experience at home, you can find here, in one convenient spot, all the information you need for making the best decision.