We write our honest review, however, we may receive a commission from our partners to helps us to support this website. Prices can vary due to changes in promotions or policies.
If you are too busy to cook or don’t enjoy spending hours in the kitchen, you might find that your biggest challenge is finding a way to enjoy tasteful, well balanced and healthy meals at home. If that sounds like you, and eating well at home is a daily struggle, this article is just for you!
Over the past few years, an increasing number of frozen meal delivery services have appeared on the scene. These services allow you to enjoy ready-to-eat frozen meals that are delivered right to your door. These meals only need to be reheated in the microwave or oven, which generally takes no longer than 5-10 minutes.
There are many convenient benefits to using a frozen meal delivery service. You will save a significant amount of time usually spent on recipe-finding, grocery shopping, meal prepping and cooking. A frozen meal delivery service will help you to maintain a more balanced diet, assist with controlling your calorie intake and more. Despite the amazing benefits, there are still a few common assumptions made about frozen meal delivery services. Many people think that frozen food is not as tasty or as healthy as the freshly made alternatives, but that is simply not the case! The meals from most frozen meal delivery services are freshly prepared in small batches and immediately flash-frozen. As a result, the meals are just as fresh, delicious and equally nutritious!
Our team has tried many frozen meal delivery services, and we are now ready to share our insights on the best ones available:
Quick Nutrisystem Review
Nutrisystem is a company that provides four-week weight-loss plans, with super easy-to-prep meals to help you lose weight in a safe and sustainable way. Nutrisystem delivers weight-loss holistically. They make a promise that you will lose up to 13 lbs & 7 inches on average in your first month, without worrying about what to eat or spending any extra time in the kitchen!
1. NutriSystem – frozen food delivery service
NutriSystem is a prepared meal delivery specifically designed to help people achieve their weight loss goals. NutriSystem offers a few different plans, all with an impressive menu of meals to select from. The NutriSystem menu has many frozen meal options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All frozen meals are clearly marked on the online menu. NutriSystem offers plans for a week or a monthly subscription, with dedicated options for males, vegetarians and those with diabetes.
The Nutrisystem meals tend to be classic favorite foods, designed with weight loss and healthy eating in mind. All the meals are chef-created and made with high quality, farm-fresh ingredients. Your chosen frozen meals will be delivered to your home by FedEx. Don’t worry if you can’t be home to accept your delivery! The NutriSystem frozen meals are packed with enough dry ice and insulating material to keep the foods frozen for approximately 6-8 hours after delivery.
Here are some popular frozen meal options from the NutriSystem menu:
- Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Cheesesteak Pizza
- Salisbury Steak With Mac & Cheese
- Four Cheese Manicotti
South Beach Diet quick review:
The South Beach Diet was originally established by Dr. Arthur Agatston. It is a diet program designed for weight-loss that delivers prepared meals and snacks to your home.
The meals are all low in carbs and sugars, and high in lean protein, and designed to supercharge your metabolism to burn fats quickly!
2. South Beach Diet – frozen meal delivery service
The South Beach Diet was originally created by Dr. Arthur Agatston, a cardiologist based in Miami, with the goal of helping people to safely and easily lose weight. The company launched the South Beach Diet fully prepared meal plan service in 2016, in order to make following the South Beach Diet as easy as can be!
The service is offered as a one-week or four-week plan, with dedicated meal options for both the diabetes diet and keto diet. The company also offers the option to order from their a-la-carte menu, so you are free to order what you want when you want!
The South Beach Diet menu includes both frozen and ready to go meals, with all of the frozen meals clearly marked with a snowflake icon. Their frozen meals are flash-frozen to maintain the nutritional values of the ingredients and the overall flavor of the meals.
With South Beach Diet, your order will be packed and delivered in a special box that is specifically designed to keep your meals frozen for six to eight hours after they have been delivered. This means that you don’t have to worry about being home during the delivery itself.
Here are some popular frozen meal options from the South Beach Diet menu:
- Chicken in Bourbon Flavored Sauce
- Chicken Roma
- Texas-Style Chili Sauce with Meat
- Pork Dijonaise
3. BistroMD – healthy frozen meal delivery service
BistroMD is a prepared meal delivery service that provides healthy frozen meals. The company was founded by Dr. Caroline Cederquist, a board-certified physician who specializes in bariatric medicine – the study of how food is broken down into fuel in the body. The BistroMD meals are not only healthy, but they are also super delicious and satisfying.
The weekly variety is amazing, so boredom is never an issue with the BistroMD menu. In fact, you will be spoilt for choice. Basically, BistroMD takes care of everything. They come up with nutritious recipes, do the shopping, cook the meals and then deliver them! All you need to do is heat and enjoy!
Here are some popular frozen meal options from the BistroMD menu:
- Chicken Paella with Andouille Sausage
- Chicken Pot Pie Crumble
- Pork Tenderloin with Olive Tapenade
- Blackened Salmon with Creole Tomato Okra Stew
4. Veestro – plant-based frozen meal delivery service
Veestro is a frozen prepared meal delivery service that is all about plant-based foods. The company believes that you don’t need to be 100% vegan in order to enjoy the amazing benefits of eating more plant-based meals. Veestro’s mantra is that you can improve your quality of life simply by increasing the amount of plant-based foods that you consume.
Veestro is dedicated to supplying interesting and incredibly delicious vegan meals that everyone will love. Their meals are fully prepared, chef-designed, hand-crafted, and then frozen. The meals are delivered directly to your home in eco-friendly packaging. With Veestro, you can order a box for delivery with either 10, 20 or 30 meals. The Veestro meals are a perfect solution for an easy dinner at the end of a busy day. They are also a convenient lunch option to take to your workplace because all you need to do is to heat and serve!
Here are some popular frozen meal options from the Veestro menu:
- Southwest BBQ Chick’n
- Creamy Italian Chick’n
- Breakfast Burrito
- Baked Mac & Cheez Dinner
5. Balance by BistroMD – flexible frozen meal delivery service
Balance by BistroMD is a prepared meal delivery service that is focused on delivering healthy frozen meals that will fulfill all your dietary requirements. Balance by BistroMD has unique flexibility with no membership or subscription requirements. This means no minimum order! You simply order what you want, when you want it!
Balance by BistroMD has an extensive menu, which contains over 150 meal options providing a great deal of diversity, with plenty of different dishes to choose from. Their menu includes breakfast, lunch dinner, and snack options. It also caters to specific dietary needs like weight-loss, gluten-free, diabetic, vegetarian, low-carb, low-sodium and more.
Here are some popular frozen meal options from the Balance by BistroMD menu:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf with Yuca Fries
- Pork Tenderloin with Spiced Apple Chutney
- Grilled Salmon with Dill Mustard Sauce
- Chicken Meatballs with Marinara and Linguine
Benefits of using frozen meal delivery services
There are so many benefits of using a frozen meal delivery service. Here are just some of them:
- Allowing you to have meals that are ready to be heated for both dinner or breakfast at home and lunch at the office, with no preparation required.
- saves you time, with no meal planning or grocery shopping required.
- Meals are usually very cost-effective in comparison to buying the ingredients at the supermarket yourself.
- Minimum food wastage due to pre-portioned ingredients.
- Menus give customers access to an incredible range of variety in terms of culinary styles, ingredients, and seasonings.
- Only the best quality and freshest ingredients are used.
- Meals are flash-frozen immediately after being prepared, meaning that meals are always fresh, delicious and provide the optimum nutritional value.
- Calorie-controlled meals assist with weight management.
- Meals are pre-portioned, which eliminates the risk of overeating.
- The nutritional details of each meal are available for customers.
- No cleaning up required.
How to choose the best-frozen meal delivery service for you?
When choosing a frozen meal delivery service, there are a few important things you should look at as part of your decision:
- Cost – if budget is a priority, then look at the average price per serving for each company.
- The flexibility of subscription – if your hours change regularly or you often go away, it is good to know that you have the flexibility to skip a week when required. Make sure you check that this option is available without penalty if flexibility is a priority.
- Variety of menu – you might like classic, well-known meals and prefer eating meals that are familiar. Alternatively, you might like to try new and different flavors from around the world. Whatever your preference, check that the menu options suit your style of eating.
- Quality of the ingredients – if you like to know where your ingredients come from then check in the FAQ section of each company before deciding which company to trial. You might prefer using local suppliers or those who practice sustainable farming practices. You might have a passion for organic ingredients or just like to know that your produce is fresh and in season. Regardless of your preferences, this information should be available on each company’s website.
- Calorie-controlled – one of the reasons you might be considering using a frozen meal delivery service is to achieve a weight-loss goal. If this is a preference, check with the company that they have enough meals with a low-calorie count to satisfy.
- Beginner’s promotions – it is recommended to see if a company offers a special coupon or savings when you first sign up. This is a great way of trying a new company and taking advantage of any initial specials.
Why should you use our best-frozen food delivery review?
At the Meal Kit Review, we make sure that we undertake a thorough and detailed analysis of every company that we include on our website. When it comes to companies that provide frozen food deliveries, we subscribed to all companies, tested the account management process, ordered a range of meals, assessed how easy the meals were to heat and most importantly, how they tasted. By doing this, we are able to report first-hand on every element of each frozen food delivery service. The meal delivery industry is now quite overwhelming, with many different companies offering a diverse range of services. It can be hard knowing where to start. But we have done all the hard work for you. We have found the best-frozen meal delivery services and compiled all the relevant information in one place highlighting what each company offers. This way you can find all the information you need to assess which company is the best for you. Our best-frozen food delivery review saves you time and makes life a little easier!