We write our honest review, however, we may receive a commission from our partners to helps us to support this website. Prices can vary due to changes in promotions or policies.
If you are too busy to cook or don’t enjoy spending long hours preparing your meals, you might want to consider a convenient way to enjoy tasteful and well-balanced meals at home – frozen meals!
Frozen meals are a very convenient way of eating that requires very little meal prep or cooking. However, many store-bought frozen meals are not healthy enough or have the best tasting. In many cases, the meals are heavily processed or containing artificial preservative or coloring materials.
Over the past few years, an increasing number of healthy frozen food delivery companies have appeared on the scene. These services allow you to enjoy ready-to-eat frozen meals that are delivered right to your door.
There are many benefits to using a frozen meal delivery service. You will save a significant amount of time usually spent on recipe-finding, grocery store trips, and cooking. It will also help you to maintain balanced eating habits, assist with calorie intake, and more.
There are yet few assumptions about frozen meal delivery services – mainly that the meals are not as tasty or as healthy as freshly made meals – but that is simply not the case! Most frozen meal kits services are freshly prepared in small batches and flash-frozen. As a result, the meals are keeping fresh taste and nutritious values.
In This Review, We Gathered the Best Meal Delivery Services:
Quick Nutrisystem Review
Nutrisystem is a company that provides four-week weight-loss plans, with super easy-to-prep meals to help you lose weight in a safe and sustainable way. Nutrisystem delivers weight-loss holistically. They make a promise that you will lose up to 13 lbs & 7 inches on average in your first month, without worrying about what to eat or spending any extra time in the kitchen!
1. NutriSystem – Diet Frozen Food Delivery Company
NutriSystem offers few monthly subscription plans for women and men, vegetarians, and those with diabetes. The menu includes an impressive healthy and delicious meal selection of over 500 individual meals.
The NutriSystem offers an impressive healthy and delicious meal selection of over 500 individual meals. Among those, there are many frozen meal options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. All frozen meals are marked on the menu.
The Nutrisystem meals tend to be classic favorite foods, designed with weight loss and healthy eating in mind. All the meals are chef-created and made with high-quality ingredients.
Your Nutrisystem frozen meals will be delivered to your home. You don’t have to worry if you can’t be home to accept your delivery! The meals are packed with enough dry ice and insulation to keep them frozen for approximately 6-8 hours after delivery.
Some popular frozen meal options from NutriSystem:
- Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Grilled chicken sandwich
- Italian sausage and turkey pepperoni Pizza
- Lasagna with meat sauce
- Homestyle chicken pot pie
South Beach Diet quick review:
The South Beach Diet was originally established by Dr. Arthur Agatston. It is a diet program designed for weight-loss that delivers prepared meals and snacks to your home.
The meals are all low in carbs and sugars, and high in lean protein, and designed to supercharge your metabolism to burn fats quickly!
2. South Beach Diet – Low-Carb Frozen Meal Delivery Service
Dr. Arthur Agatston, a Miami cardiologist, created the South Beach Diet to help people safely and efficiently lose weight.
The service is offered as a one-week or a monthly plan option, with dedicated plans for diabetes diet and keto diet. The company also provides the opportunity to order from their a-la-carte menu, so you are free to order what you want when you want!
The South Beach Diet menu includes frozen and ready to go meals, with all frozen meals marked with a snowflake icon. Their frozen meals are flash-frozen to maintain the ingredients’ nutritional values and the meals’ overall flavor.
With South Beach Diet, your order will be packed and delivered in a special box that is specifically designed to keep your meals frozen for six to eight hours after they have been delivered. This means that you don’t have to worry about being home during the delivery itself.
Here are some popular frozen meal options from the South Beach Diet menu:
- Chicken in Bourbon Flavored Sauce
- Chicken Roma
- Texas-Style Chili Sauce with Meat
- Pork Dijonaise
2. BistroMD – Healthy Frozen Meal Delivery Service
BistroMD is a prepared meal delivery service that provides healthy frozen meals. The company was founded by Dr. Caroline Cederquist, a board-certified physician specializing in bariatric medicine.
The BistroMD meals are not only healthy, but they are also super delicious and satisfying. The weekly variety is impressive, so boredom is never an issue.
BistroMD takes care of everything for you – from inventing nutritious recipes, do the shopping, cook the meals, and deliver them! All you need to do is heat and enjoy!
Here are some excellent frozen meals from the BistroMD meal collection:
- Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Marsala
- Lasagna with Garden Marinara
- Meatloaf with Honey Bourbon Glaze
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Salmon
4. Veestro – plant-based frozen meal delivery service
Veestro is a frozen prepared meal delivery service that is all about plant-based foods. The company believes that you don’t need to be 100% vegan in order to enjoy the amazing benefits of eating more plant-based meals. Veestro’s mantra is that you can improve your quality of life simply by increasing the amount of plant-based foods that you consume.
Veestro is dedicated to supplying interesting and incredibly delicious vegan meals that everyone will love. Their meals are fully prepared, chef-designed, hand-crafted, and then frozen. The meals are delivered directly to your home in eco-friendly packaging. With Veestro, you can order a box for delivery with either 10, 20 or 30 meals. The Veestro meals are a perfect solution for an easy dinner at the end of a busy day. They are also a convenient lunch option to take to your workplace because all you need to do is to heat and serve!
Here are some popular frozen meal options from the Veestro menu:
- Southwest BBQ Chick’n
- Creamy Italian Chick’n
- Breakfast Burrito
- Baked Mac & Cheez Dinner
5. Balance by BistroMD – flexible frozen meal delivery service
Balance by BistroMD is a frozen meal delivery service focused on delivering healthy meals that will fulfill all your dietary requirements.
Balance by BistroMD offers the flexibility to order delivery with no membership or subscription requirements and no minimum order! You simply order what you want, when you want it!
Balance by BistroMD has an extensive menu with over 150 diverse dishes. The menu includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options. It also caters to specific dietary needs like weight-loss, gluten-free, diabetic, vegetarian, low-carb, low-sodium, and more.
Some popular frozen meal options from Balance by BistroMD:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf with Yuca Fries
- Pork Tenderloin with Spiced Apple Chutney
- Grilled Salmon with Dill Mustard Sauce
- Chicken Meatballs with Marinara and Linguine
Benefits of Using Frozen Food Delivery Service:
- Allowing you to have meals ready to be heated at home or the office, with no cooking or cleaning up required.
- Time-saving with no meal planning or grocery shopping.
- Cost-effective in comparison to buying the ingredients at the supermarket yourself OR ordering unhealthy takeouts.
- Pre-portioned meals that reduce overeating and food waste.
- Incredible range of culinary options.
- Best quality ingredients are used.
- Meals are flash-frozen immediately after being prepared, meaning that meals are always fresh and provide the optimum nutritional value.
- Calorie-controlled meals – assist with weight loss management.
- The nutritional details of each meal are available on each meal.
How to Choose the Best Frozen Meal Delivery Service?
When choosing a frozen meal delivery to fit your needs, there are a few essential things you should look at:
- Price – If budget is a priority, then look at the average price per serving and reduced costs for different plans.
- Flexibility – if your hours change regularly or you often go away, it is good to know that you have the flexibility to skip a week when required.
- Variety of meals and plans– are you a person that prefers classic meals, or would you like to try new and different flavors from around the world? Also, ask yourself if you have specific dietary needs like a heart-healthy menu or diabetics. Make sure to check sample menu options and choose the service that best suits your eating preferences.
- Quality – You might prefer using local suppliers or those who practice sustainable farming practices. You might have a passion for organic ingredients or just like to know that your produce is fresh and in season.
- Calorie-controlled – One of the reasons to consider using frozen food delivery is to achieve weight-loss goals. If this is your case, make sure to choose a company that focuses on that.
- Beginner’s promotions – Most companies offer special coupons or promo codes when you first sign up. Make sure to use our coupons and take advantage of any added specials.
Why Use Our Best Frozen Meal Delivery Service Review?
At the Meal Kit Review, we make sure that we undertake a thorough and detailed analysis of every company that we include on our website.
When it comes to frozen food delivery companies, we subscribed, tested the account management process, ordered a range of meals, assessed how easy the meals were to heat – and most importantly, how they tasted. We can give a hands-on review of every frozen food delivery service element by going through this process.
The meal delivery industry is now quite overwhelming, so we know it can be hard knowing which service to choose. We have done all the hard work for you and ranked the best-frozen meal delivery services, highlighting all the relevant information in one place, to make your choice a little easier!