We write our honest review, however, we may receive a commission from our partners to helps us to support this website. Prices can vary due to changes in promotions or policies.
Meal kit services started off by offering mainly dinner options. As this industry evolved, especially these days – with COVID-19 sending many people to work from home – many services now offer great lunch meal kit options.
Getting used to working at home is no easy feat, especially when it comes to lunchtime options. If you work from home or looking for healthy and easy-to-make lunches that you can whip up fast – you should check out these Lunch meal kits options!
Home Chef is all about simplifying home cooking. The company delivers fun, familiar meals that are always with an exciting twist.
Home Chef meals are effortless to cook. The menu includes a selection of 30 minutes meal kits, express meal kits, and even Oven Ready Meals!
***New*** Fresh and Easy By Home Chef
1. Home Chef- Great Lunch Meal Kits Delivery
With a range of dietary programs and lifestyle, Home Chef meal kit delivery service consistently impresses us with its commitment to fresh and high-quality meals that are easy to prep and delicious to eat.
Home Chef now offers a unique meal plan suitable for lunch – Fresh and easy! This plan was designed for convenience, with a few types of fast-prep meals that are perfect for lunch:
- Express meals that are prepped, portioned, and ready to eat in 15 minutes or less.
- Oven ready meals that come with pre-portioned ingredients inside a disposable oven-safe tray. All you need to do is just put in the oven and wait for it to be ready.
- Slow Cooker meals that include prepped and portioned ingredients that can be placed in a slow cooker before you start working – home-cooked lunch is ready when it’s lunchtime!
- Entrée salad meals that include vegetables and pre-cooked high protein items that simply need to be combined!
- 15-minute meal kits – designed for fast and easy cooking. Ideal for healthy eating lunch at home.
Some popular Home Chef meal kits for lunch:
- Garlic Sesame Beef Lo Mein with Crispy Wontons – no prep needed and quick cook
- Spicy Sesame Asian Salad with edamame – no cooking 5-minute prep. You can also add more protein like chicken breast or NY strip steak.
- Tomato and Spinach Pork Medallions with Almond Green Beans – 15 minutes meal kit
- Chipotle Chicken Chili with Sour Cream and Cheddar – no prep needed and quick cook
Other Highlights on the Home Chef extensive menu: low-carb meals, low-calorie meals, protein-pack add-ons so you can avoid running out for additional grocery store trips.
2. Sun Basket Lunch Meal Kits
#2 Sun Basket Healthy Meals for Lunch
You may already know Sun Basket subscription for offering a healthy organic menu and the variety of meal plans they offer—and the fantastic flavor.
Yes, it’s nice to choose from plans like Paleo, Lean & Clean, vegetarian, vegan, and more. But what’s also incredible about Sun Basket is their new vast menu of organic lunch options!
Under the lunch menu:
- Ready-to-Eat Proteins
- delicious pre-cooked pizzas & empanadas
- ready to eat grain & Noodle bowls
- Soups & broths
- Fresh pasta and pasta sauce that needs only a few minutes of cooking
Under the regular menu
- Fresh & Ready Speedy meals – Freshly prepared in Sun Basket kitchen. all you need to do is heat and eat
- Speedy meal kits – designed for an easy cook at home in 20 minutes or less
- pre-prepared meals – the chefs cook the sides and sauces, so there’s no slicing, dicing, or measuring. Just pan-sear the protein for a mouthwatering lunch
Sun Basket lets subscribers mix and match menu items from across all recipe selections. The flexibility of their menu enables you to customize every delivery to your needs and tastes.
Some great Sun Basket healthy lunch meal kits:
- Mediterranean lemon chicken with baby broccoli, artichokes, and olives – pre-prepared meal kit
- Cheesy chicken Tetrazzini with mushrooms and a green salad – just heat up for 10 minutes and enjoy!
- Thai chicken lettuce cups – light and easy-cooking 20 minutes meal kit
- Pizzetta with Italian sausage – prepared pizza lunch.
- Cuban Bowl with rice and black beans and hemp and quinoa Seeds – pre-prepared lunch bowl
- Ricotta and broccoli rabe ravioli with rose sauce – Fresh pasta and cooked sauce
Other Highlights: Sun Basket is an all-organic meal kit company. The company also offers plans for gluten-free, paleo, soy-free, dairy-free, Mediterranean diet, vegetarian diet, low-calorie, low-carb diet, and a vegan diet. You also have the option for a one-time purchase at a bit higher price.
HelloFresh is the largest global company in the meal kit industry, offering many healthy eating meals every week.
The Hello Fresh meals are packed with the freshest ingredients and can suit the needs of singles, couples, and families. The menu features low-calorie, vegetarian, pescatarian, and fast & easy recipes.
3. Hello Fresh Meal Kit Options for Lunch
Since HelloFresh knows you’re busy, they are dedicated to doing the meal planning & grocery shopping for you! All you need to do is open the meal kit box and follow a few easy steps on the attached recipe card.
Hello Fresh offers an extensive meal kits menu of more than 20 meals every week. The meals are crafted and curated by the Hello Fresh chefs, with easy preparation and maximum joy in mind.
Among the menu items, you will find at least five recipes designed for fast cooking in 20-25 minutes – perfect for a short lunch break at home!
Some delicious lunchtime meal kit options from Hello Fresh:
- Gnocchi with Spinach & Grape Tomatoes topped with Garlic Butter Breadcrumbs
- Baja Barramundi with Yellow Rice & Salsa Fresca
- Smashed Black Bean Tacos with Creamy Slaw, Pickled Onion & Red Pepper Crema
- Easy Bein’ Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas with Smoky Red Pepper Crema
Other Highlights on the Hello Fresh extensive menu: low-carb meals, low-calorie meals, vegetarian meals, and family-friendly meals.
TLDR Dinnerly Review:
Their meals are simple, delicious, and easy to cook – and start at just $4.69 per serving!
All the Dinnerly meals are designed with five easy steps, so you can say goodby to stressful meal planning and trips to the grocery store.
4. Dinnerly – Affordable Lunch Meal Kits
Dinnerly was created about two years ago, with the mission of delivering simple recipes that make fuss-free, delicious, and super affordable meals. Their menu includes over 20 meals every week, with many dishes categorized as “under 30 minutes” meals – a great lunch meal kit option!
Dinnerly makes sure to provide the same high-quality ingredients as other meal kit companies you might know by now, at a fraction of the cost – less than $5 per serving!
The company offers a straightforward and clear approach to keeping their prices low, including digital recipe cards instead of printed ones, fewer ingredients per dish (which also means less chopping and cleaning after), plain packaging, and much less marketing expenses.
We tried many of Dinnerly’s fast-prep meal kits, and we can honestly say we enjoyed the comforting meals very much.
Some delicious Dinnerly meal kits for lunch options:
- Better-Than-Takeout broccoli & mushroom rice noodle stir-fry
- Steak Quesadillas with corn & peppers
- Chicken tacos with crispy romaine & fresh tomato salsa
- Pulled PORK Gyro with White Sauce & Salad
Other Highlights from Dinnerly: low-carb meals, low-calorie meals, protein-variety pack add-ons, desserts, no-gluten added meals, dairy-free meals, and more.
Quick Splendid Spoon Review:
Splendid Spoon delivers delicious 100% vegan plant-based foods, including smoothies, soups and grain bowls. Splendid Spoon Healthy and nutritious meals can make it much easier for you to feel good about yourself and what you eat and can help you maintain a well-balanced diet.
5. Splendid Spoon – plant-based lunchtime meal delivery option.
Splendid Spoon is a relatively new kid on the block, but it is fast gaining a reputation for a company that provides delicious and easy options for lunchtime dining. Nicole Centeno created Splendid Spoon after her personal experiences of overcoming severe health issues with a plant-based diet. She is passionate about helping people to feel better by eating well, and it is out of this passion that Splendid Spoon was born.
Splendid Spoon is a fully-prepared meal delivery service that is 100% plant-based. When creating their range of meals, Splendid Spoon only uses whole ingredients that are gluten-free, GMO-free, and preservative-free. Splendid Spoon focuses on providing healthy and delicious options for breakfast and lunch. Their fully prepared meals require no preparation or cooking time apart from heating them to the desired temperature. Then it is merely a matter of eating them.
Splendid Spoon has three different plans for its customers to choose from, and one of these is a dedicated Lunch Plan which provides five soup and grain bowls designed for lunchtime eating.
The Splendid Spoon menu consists of breakfast smoothies, lunchtime soup and grain bowls, five lighter reset soups, and wellness shots. It is interesting to note that Splendid Spoon is also very popular to use when trying to achieve weight loss goals.
Some examples of the lunchtime options on the Splendid Spoon menu:
- Beans and Greens with Spinach and Bok Choy,
- Red Lentil Dal with Cumin and Rosemary
- Red Buddha Bowl with Sweet Potatoes and Qui
6. Gobble- Quick and Easy Lunch
It’s not always feasible to spend a long time preparing your lunch, even when you work from home. And while making dinner in the evening can be relaxing and enjoyable, doing it mid-day when you’re busy isn’t always so fun.
Fortunately, the above meal kit option for lunch provide plenty of quick and healthy lunch options for those of us who are too busy to cook in the middle of the day.
You might be trying to save money, aiming to eat healthier, or just wanting to change up old habits. Regardless, choosing a meal kit with lunch options gives you plenty of delicious and exciting choices convenient and filling.