We write our honest review on each company or product, however, we receive a sales commission or other compensation on the products we review. That helps us to support this website. Prices can vary due to changes in promotions or policies. See our full disclosures here.
A prepared meal delivery service delivers fully prepared and cooked meals directly to your door. The service is also known as a “prep-meals service” or a “meal-prep service”. Some of the meal prep companies work on a subscription basis, while others give you the flexibility to order what you want, when you want it. With a prepared meal delivery service, you can usually choose your meals from an extensive menu that is made up of a large variety of meals.
Most meal prep delivery services are very focused on providing meals that are healthy and well-balanced. Many of them also cater to special dietary restrictions that can include low- calorie, vegetarian, low-carb, paleo, or weight-loss.
Some of the prepared meal services are a frozen meals delivery service. BistroMD is one such company which flash freezes all their freshly prepared meals immediately after cooking is complete. Other companies, such as Munchery or Factor 75, deliver cooled and refrigerated meals. With both types of prepared meal delivery services, the meals are ready to eat and require no cooking at all. The only thing that is required of you is to simply heat the meals and then enjoy the food!
Who is it for?
The need for prepared meal delivery services has arisen from the fact that the way we eat is changing. Despite this, even though our fast-paced life means that we are moving away from traditional home-cooked dinners, people still have the desire and need to eat healthy and delicious meals. Meal prep companies offer a life-changing solution for those of us who are too busy to cook, are uninspired in the kitchen or would simply rather be anywhere but in the kitchen!
The service is also very attractive for people who wish to lose weight or need/want to follow a specific diet. An example of diets that are catered for by prepared meal delivery services include gluten-free, vegetarian, low-carb, low-sodium, paleo, keto and more.
Benefits of using a prepared meal delivery service:
- Convenience -a prepared meal delivery service delivers meals to your door that requires no cooking at all! You just need to heat the meals via a microwave or oven and enjoy! The convenience of this service adds up to a huge amount of time saved. This is a wonderful benefit for busy people or people who just don’t like to spend any time cooking.
- Balanced and controlled eating – basically, all the prep meals services are super healthy and they take care of everything! They think of nutritious recipes, do the shopping and cooking and then even deliver the meals! By using a healthy meal delivery service, it is very easy to control your diet.
- Quality of food – most meal prep companies make sure that their meals are cooked with fresh ingredients, sourced from local producers who value quality and sustainability.
- Variety of meals – when you have a busy schedule, you often get stuck in the same old rut when it comes to cooking for yourself. Once you feel that you are in a rut, it is also easy to develop bad habits like ordering in pizza from the same place repeatedly. Prepared meals services not only give you a healthier way of eating, but they also offer an option that is filled with diversity, choice, and flavor! All meal prep services offer large weekly changing menus that include amazing meals options that cover every taste and need. Choices include pasta, meatballs, seafood, Asian, Oriental cuisine and so much more. By using a prepared meal service, you will get out of that rut and never be bored again!
- Money saving – you might think that using a prepared meal service is expensive, but they are surprisingly affordable. In fact, in most cases, you will pay around only $9-$11 per serving for a delicious and well- balanced meal. This price is even more attractive when you consider the quality of ingredients and the time you will save by using a prepared meal service. As a bonus, it will also mean a reduction in the amount of money you spend on takeouts or ordering-in meals
- Less food waste – meal prep services create perfect sized meals that meet the nutritional needs of an adult. When you use a meal prep service, you are controlling the amount of food that you put into your body and you won’t be stuck with leftovers that in many cases just go to waste.
How does it work?The concept of a prepared meal delivery service is very simple and easy to work with. Some of the services offer a subscription option, to cover your needs on an ongoing weekly basis. Other meal prep services offer more flexible options, with no commitment required.You can simply add meals to your cart and order what you want, when you want it. In either case, these prepared meal services take care of everything for you. They create nutritious and healthy recipes, they shop for the best quality ingredients, the meals are cooked by professional chefs and are then delivered right to your door. When you use a healthy meal delivery service, you will receive well-balanced and delicious meals, which means it will be easier to control your diet and stay in good shape.
Best prepared meal delivery services:BistroMD – BistroMD is a prepared meal delivery company that is focused on providing fully prepared healthy meal options, mainly for weight loss or maintaining a healthy weight. All meals are doctor-designed and chef-made to perfection.
For many people the idea of cooking for yourself, every day just doesn’t work out! Whether you are simply too busy to cook, or you just don’t enjoy cooking, sometimes it can be hard to establish an appealing and healthy routine. If that is the case, then prepared meals services might be just what you are looking for!
Prepared meal delivery services are usually very focused on creating healthy and delicious meals with many of them also catering for for special dietary needs which includes weight loss, low-carb, vegetarian and more.
To get a better overview of all the prepared meal delivery services, you can read our full ranking of companies here.